5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust Suggestion Please

brotherGood

Reaction score
If warranty is a strong point of concern, the Mopar system is great and is still under warranty.

15% off parts and accessories right now, but its still kinda pricy IMO.

Mine has been on for a little over 2 weeks and I've absolutely loved it.

paulmarsh22

Reaction score
The Borla ATAK is loud and throaty on cold start and still has a nice deep rumble when warmed up. Absolutely no drone on the highway, even when in 4 cylinder mode.

Jmmoore3

Reaction score
Had my flowmaster for about a week, I think one of my favorite parts is hearing the truck down shift as a come to a stop.

jonnyrebel88

Reaction score
I just ordered the Carven exhaust direct muffler replacement. Gonna see how that sounds and I'll see if I want more sound and remove the resonators or not. Definitely gonna order their 5" tips next though, they look awesome.

Jeeper

Reaction score
Had my flowmaster for about a week, I think one of my favorite parts is hearing the truck down shift as a come to a stop.
was just thinking that today....put it in tow mode...downshifts sound sweet!

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

redneck

Reaction score
If warranty is a strong point of concern, the Mopar system is great and is still under warranty.

15% off parts and accessories right now, but its still kinda pricy IMO.

Mine has been on for a little over 2 weeks and I've absolutely loved it.
i just pd $860 for my s type borla cat back same exact exhaust as mopar

brotherGood

Reaction score
i just pd $860 for my s type borla cat back same exact exhaust as mopar
I laughed when I opened the box and it had "Borla installation accessories" taped to it. Eh well, I couldn't get a straight answer on warranty and know how much of a pain the FCA warranty process is from working at a dealership. Peace of mind was worth it for me.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I laughed when I opened the box and it had "Borla installation accessories" taped to it. Eh well, I couldn't get a straight answer on warranty and know how much of a pain the FCA warranty process is from working at a dealership. Peace of mind was worth it for me.

My service advisor said just as long as you don't touch the cat (California), you don't have to worry about the warranty. He said that because the catalytic converter is under warranty for 7 years in CARB states and that if you welded to it, the warranty on the cat is void.

The one thing he said to be careful of is the intake. If you put on a CAI and there is some sort air/fuel issue, that won't be covered under the warranty. The MOPAR Cold Air Intake is likely something I am going to buy that is factory.

varmintjcl

Reaction score
i just put the borla stype on today & its way too quiet i had a corsa sport on my gmc & it was 2x as loud & deep
should have gone with the atak
Thats hard for me to imagine, I have the Corsa sport on my 2011 Challenger R/T and it hardly sounds any louder than the factory exhaust!

Otisporkchop

Reaction score
Hold the resonator delete pipe up to the stock one make a mark then cut it , you will be good to go.

Heisrizn

Reaction score
Where did you find the s type for that price?

5% off with "spring21"

Contact Dennis from Accessory Parts to see if he will price match. Tell him Matt sent ya.

Jtt2015

Reaction score

5% off with "spring21"

Contact Dennis from Accessory Parts to see if he will price match. Tell him Matt sent ya.

Awesome. Thanks! Was just about to place my order in americantrucks

5% off with "spring21"

thank you! Comes out to $890. Still way better than the $1,030 I was gonna pay on americantrucks

joemo

Reaction score
For my closure, I decided on the Solo Performance Muffler Delete. I have never done an install like this so it will be a fun video lol. I just ordered tonight but will update on install and sound once done.

Jeeper

Reaction score
For my closure, I decided on the Solo Performance Muffler Delete. I have never done an install like this so it will be a fun video lol. I just ordered tonight but will update on install and sound once done.
did you go with the delete with resonator or straight up delete? I just installed the MR300 kit...love the sound!

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread