5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust Sound when MDS turns off

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have to wonder if eTorque makes the MDS transition less noticeable? It's such a non-issue for me.

louz

Reaction score
I never hear a thing even with a magna flow installed

PTRAM

Reaction score
If you have the Hemi, you also get MDS, which also means you get the ATMMs. The purpose of the ATMMs is to offset engine vibration in 4 cylinder mode.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the answer. My ATMMs must be working as I feel no vibration at all when it goes into ECO --can't tell it is going into 4 cylinder except for the ECO notice.

bmp-1le

Reaction score
No pop on mine, but I definitely hear it with my stock exhaust. Radio on 3 or higher makes it imperceptible.

I agree with 1st Time above...My 2016 had the MDS, and it was WAY more noticeable with my magnaflow muffler. As such, I’m staying with stock this time.

Same here - it was very noticeable on my 2016 with the Flow Master American Thunder. Not sure if I want to do again on my 2019.

1stTimeRAM

Reaction score
About 1000 miles on my Magnaflow and I still like it, but I do notice the pop and burble sounds it makes. I think I notice them more on deceleration when MDS is active.

Users who are viewing this thread