5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust Question

Frank92

Reaction score
Is a mid/Y pipe that goes from 3 inches to 3 1/2 inches a bad idea to hook up to a cat back that is 3 inches to 2 1/2 inches? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Moosefire66

Reaction score
I dont know much about anything, so take this with a grain of salt, but my understanding is if you have a 2 1/2 after the X pipe then having a 3 or 3.5 inch x pipe isn't going to give you any better flow since it still has the restrictions behind it and will only ever flow as much as the 2.5 will allow it

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Frank92

Reaction score
I dont know much about anything, so take this with a grain of salt, but my understanding is if you have a 2 1/2 after the X pipe then having a 3 or 3.5 inch x pipe isn't going to give you any better flow since it still has the restrictions behind it and will only ever flow as much as the 2.5 will allow it

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
Thans for the comments!

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
He of no issue with stock to mild cam or low boost. Exhaust manifolds are the restriction at that point

Users who are viewing this thread