5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust question.

carlosroliva

Reaction score
Hello everyone first I want to start off by saying I have a 2019 ram 1500 5.7l Hemi, I recently did a muffler delete on dual factory exhaust wanting to make it louder. It sounds really good and loud but I wish it can get louder do you think that if I do a resonator delete it will get louder and sound more aggressive? considering it has two resonators right behind each exhaust tip. Thanks in advance for any information given to me! :)

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The truck has enough resonators, so taking out the primary mufflers should work. I’d wait a month or two before doing anything more radical. This will give you time to assess the sounded in multiple environments. Please post a link to some sound clips when you get time. Thanks

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
I'd go after the mid muffler before the resonators...I feel that way because I think the resonators help combat drone

Ksilva211

Reaction score
Has anyone done an electric exhaust cutout? Seems to be the best of both worlds, quiet when you want and loud when you want to be heard? If so what kind did you do?

carlosroliva

Reaction score
The truck has enough resonators, so taking out the primary mufflers should work. I’d wait a month or two before doing anything more radical. This will give you time to assess the sounded in multiple environments. Please post a link to some sound clips when you get time. Thanks
Well I decided to go through with the resonators delete with my muffler delete, Here is a video on my youtube channel so you can give it a listen. I hope you like it ! :) oh and by the way sorry for putting the phone down on the tailgate, I didn't have a camera man :(

Thumper

Reaction score
Well I decided to go through with the resonators delete with my muffler delete, Here is a video on my youtube channel so you can give it a listen. I hope you like it ! :) oh and by the way sorry for putting the phone down on the tailgate, I didn't have a camera man :(

Do you like the sound? Is it too loud on Highway? Any drone? Thanks

dragon285

Reaction score

how do you like it?? Is it loud enough?? Im about to do the same. Hows the cabin noise? Let me know.

dragon285

Reaction score
Hello everyone first I want to start off by saying I have a 2019 ram 1500 5.7l Hemi, I recently did a muffler delete on dual factory exhaust wanting to make it louder. It sounds really good and loud but I wish it can get louder do you think that if I do a resonator delete it will get louder and sound more aggressive? considering it has two resonators right behind each exhaust tip. Thanks in advance for any information given to me! :)

Yes if you remove the resonators it will sound a whole lot better!! I did both muffler and resonator delete on my Laramie....Heres the video with pics...Enjoy:

dragon285

Reaction score
Did you do both at the same time? Or remove the muffler first and then the resonator next?

Both at the same time. Turned it on with Muffler delete only, liked it but wanted it a bit louder, so then took off resonators and BAM..exactly what i wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online