5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust question

Nj921

Reaction score
The other morning I started the truck and noticed it was loud, like somebody put aftermarket exhaust on it while I was sleeping. Drove it down the street, stayed the same. It actually sounded awesome, but also annoying at 630am. I stopped, turned the truck off and back on, gone. Leads me to think it was electronic related. What could cause this? Something to do with the active noise cancellation? This wasn't just a loud/cold idle. It legitimately sounded like the exhaust was wide open. Hasn't done it since, I am just curious as to why, or if anybody else has noticed this.

I read something before about active noise cancellation, does this have anything to do with exhaust? Or is it just cabin noise?
  • Frame-mounted active tuned mass modules (ATMM) and Active Noise Cancellation in cabin expand use of Fuel Saving Technology cylinder cutoff on 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 and enable quiet cabin at 67.1 db

Baseballguy8

Reaction score
The other morning I started the truck and noticed it was loud, like somebody put aftermarket exhaust on it while I was sleeping. Drove it down the street, stayed the same. It actually sounded awesome, but also annoying at 630am. I stopped, turned the truck off and back on, gone. Leads me to think it was electronic related. What could cause this? Something to do with the active noise cancellation? This wasn't just a loud/cold idle. It legitimately sounded like the exhaust was wide open. Hasn't done it since, I am just curious as to why, or if anybody else has noticed this.

I read something before about active noise cancellation, does this have anything to do with exhaust? Or is it just cabin noise?
  • Frame-mounted active tuned mass modules (ATMM) and Active Noise Cancellation in cabin expand use of Fuel Saving Technology cylinder cutoff on 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 and enable quiet cabin at 67.1 db
So 67 decibels is normal? My 2019 is so much louder than my 2013. Driving between 70-72 it’s sounds so loud. Having buyers remorse. Is there anything they can do?

Users who are viewing this thread