5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust Pipe Connection Question

JJameSS

Reaction score
When I had my Borla installed I believe they loosen the very front connect to the Y pipe and supposedly tightened it back. I dont know if this is normal to have this pipe have an angle or if that one side still needs to be tightened? Can someone please confirm on what their front flange looks like while laying under it? I am not hearing or feeling a leak, just looks off but it could be like this to put a slight angle in the pipe?
20211116_185422.jpg

Klicht87

Reaction score
When I had my Borla installed I believe they loosen the very front connect to the Y pipe and supposedly tightened it back. I dont know if this is normal to have this pipe have an angle or if that one side still needs to be tightened? Can someone please confirm on what their front flange looks like while laying under it? I am not hearing or feeling a leak, just looks off but it could be like this to put a slight angle in the pipe?
View attachment 111590
Should be fine, Mine doesn't sit flat either with my AWE exhaust. No exhaust leak.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Should have been no reason to loosen the front coupling when I stalling the Borla. But should be fine

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If you don’t hear or feel a leak, don’t look into it. It’s fine.

Enjoy your new exhaust and worry less

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Buy one of what I linked to below and see if you hear a significant change in sound. A leak will sound like a shift from quiet to someone suffering from walking farts. It helps if you remove the end piece you see when you click the link below and add a piece of solid tube, like a piece of 1/4” brake line.

The reason I say that is because the attachment on the below stethoscope is best served for problems like bearing noise.

Lisle 52500 Mechanic's Stethoscope https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002SQYS...abc_HTG08YEW037FNPNCVTEW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Klicht87

Reaction score
If you are concerned disconnect the midpipe from the borla muffler. Then realign the midpipe to the engine side and tighten down. That way it's straight. Then bolt up the muffler to the midpipe.

JC4041

Reaction score
Did they fix the Y on the 5th gen gas engines or still running the smooshed one like the 4th gens?

1637474760230.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread