5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust -- MBRP muffler bypass vs AWE 0FG?

morris08

Reaction score
Just picked up my '22 1500 v8 (no etorque) about a week ago...

I'm wanting to get a little more out of my exhaust and have read quite a lot of posts on this topic...
At first MBRP (S5143409) seemed like a good choice for me (and cheap!)... a little louder than stock, deep, and no drone at highway cruising.
But then started reading reviews and I'm seeing quite a few people saying it is much louder than they were led to believe (from youtube videos, etc).
I've read a little about the same with AWE 0FG, more drone than they had expected.

Any ideas on which one would give me less drone?

Another other suggestions?

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the MBRP and it is definitely not "too loud" at any point. When you mash the throttle it has a nice deep roar, but no drone or even really any noise at highway cruising. Cold starts are sexy sounding. It is an affordable option and I've gotten nothing but compliments.

TyH2009

Reaction score
Looks like you have Borla now, how would you compare the two?
I like the Borla more for sure. MBRP was always meant to be a temporary thing, it was cheap, sounded good, nice and deep, but I was getting some drone from it. I think it had a slight exhaust leak on one of the connection points though.

The Borla was quite a bit more expensive. But is much better quality, is a full exhaust system, and has a much nicer tone and personality to it. And 0 drone. The black rolled tips are nice too, though I need to mess with the alignment a bit.

IMG_4980.jpeg

Poundfoolish_ZA

Reaction score
I have the MBRP as well. I'm very pleased with it and the only time I get any drone is when its in ECO mode and having to pull about as hard as it can before going back to V8 mode. That is generally short lived and easily disabled if needed.

Kdawg4wheels

Reaction score
I like the Borla more for sure. MBRP was always meant to be a temporary thing, it was cheap, sounded good, nice and deep, but I was getting some drone from it. I think it had a slight exhaust leak on one of the connection points though.

The Borla was quite a bit more expensive. But is much better quality, is a full exhaust system, and has a much nicer tone and personality to it. And 0 drone. The black rolled tips are nice too, though I need to mess with the alignment a bit.

View attachment 174253
Nice, yeah that looks sick. Would you say they're comparable in volume? My buddy has a MBRP on his 6.2 silverado and it's not too loud. When I search the Borla (touring or S type) a lot of people say how it's "louder" than they expected. Pretty subjective, but curious your experience.

TyH2009

Reaction score
Nice, yeah that looks sick. Would you say they're comparable in volume? My buddy has a MBRP on his 6.2 silverado and it's not too loud. When I search the Borla (touring or S type) a lot of people say how it's "louder" than they expected. Pretty subjective, but curious your experience.
The Borla is louder, the MBRP was about the same volume on cold start though. But warm start, normal acceleration and hard acceleration, the S-Type is louder. It’s not overbearing though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/