5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust for v6 Etorque

bgibby2113

Reaction score
Has anyone changed out the exhaust on a v6 etorque? Before I purchase anything I'm looking for suggestions so it doesn't sound like a honda civic lol.

JRW323

Reaction score
The e-torque function won't have any effect on the exhaust tone. There are some v6 kits for these trucks out their. Borla and Magnaflow.
I was also interested but after reviewing some youtube vids. It mostly just makes the system louder. Nothing will bring the tone down. The woes of a v6. I don't think our engine specifically sounds bad but will be 100% preference on what you think sounds good!

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought I had read in past posts that the 5.7 exhaust fit the 3.6.

Last edited:

JRW323

Reaction score
I think the trucks have the same setup up to the muffler. But most V8s have dual, so they have the dual setup after the muffler. If you don't have the dual setup, then you can't buy the 5.7 dual kits. Which most aftermarket kits are. If you check out these guys, B2 Fabrication | Exhaust Pipes For Trucks | Aftermarket Mufflers | Performance Exhaust Systems you can see that the muffler replacements are the same between the 5.7 and 3.6. But again, any of these mufflers are not going to make the v6 setup sounds super throaty. Maybe a little louder and maybe some added rasp. Borla and Magnaflow have single outlet kits and Borla has a kit that will turn the V6 setup into duals.

U

User_67930

Just wonderng... Did you notice any performance improvement (power, gas mileage) when you moved to the dual exhaust?
No, none. The only thing was a tiny change in the sound, it sounds a little deeper then it did. It is a stock Hemi exhaust, no aftermarket muffler or anything.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
No, none. The only thing was a tiny change in the sound, it sounds a little deeper then it did. It is a stock Hemi exhaust, no aftermarket muffler or anything.
You don't happen to have a vid with sound, do you? My son has a v6 that he has been thinking about changing the exhaust on

U

User_67930

You don't happen to have a vid with sound, do you? My son has a v6 that he has been thinking about changing the exhaust on
Its such a small change it wouldn't show up in a video. I mean its a REALLY small change in the exhaust note.
The only reason I changed to a Hemi exhaust was for looks.

__JAG__

Reaction score
Check out this video. I think it sounds good with the Magnaflow Magnapack. And you can leave the resonator in place to tone the overall volume.

U

User_67930

The magnapack sounds really good in the vids.
The only thing with this 3.6 is it can drone really bad at 2k rpms with the wrong setup. Thats why I'm afraid to change out the muffler on mine.

Users who are viewing this thread