5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust for 2022 Rebel

warz00

Reaction score
Thanks. I’m still conflicted on which one to get. I have watched countless videos and have had so many real life opinions and still difficult to make a choice. They are both so close in comparison. It was an easier choice before AWE got thrown into the mix(lol). I would appreciate to know where you got yours from? I live in Canada.
will PM you

Ramrebel44

Reaction score
Thanks. I’m still conflicted on which one to get. I have watched countless videos and have had so many real life opinions and still difficult to make a choice. They are both so close in comparison. It was an easier choice before AWE got thrown into the mix(lol). I would appreciate to know where you got yours from? I live in Canada.
Mine came from a vendor associated with Awe fairly directly. Website was

Camel_City

Reaction score
haha have you been ATAK'd on the street by people who want your stock G/T exhaust?
Lol ... I've already had two coworkers with 5th gen Rams try to buy it from me, but I'm keeping it. "IF" someday I sell or trade the truck, it'll be good to still have the stock system to go with it.

Dan Houle

Reaction score
I had a Magnaflow 11226 put on my 2022 a few months back. I drove it for a day & took it right back to the muffler guy & had the stock put back on. The sound was ok, but the cabin drone was awful. I'm kinda gun shy now to do anymore to the exhaust.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had a Magnaflow 11226 put on my 2022 a few months back. I drove it for a day & took it right back to the muffler guy & had the stock put back on. The sound was ok, but the cabin drone was awful. I'm kinda gun shy now to do anymore to the exhaust.

Usually the drone is bad when in 4-cylinder mode, which is going to happen anytime you only change the muffler. Most people will turn off MDS by setting the gear limit on the steering wheel to 8th gear. Which gives you full range of the transmission but prevents MDS operation.

Of course, you can avoid all that by a cat-back exhaust, namely any of the Borla options, but probably also the other popular brands mentioned in this thread.

Dan Houle

Reaction score
Usually the drone is bad when in 4-cylinder mode, which is going to happen anytime you only change the muffler. Most people will turn off MDS by setting the gear limit on the steering wheel to 8th gear. Which gives you full range of the transmission but prevents MDS operation.

Of course, you can avoid all that by a cat-back exhaust, namely any of the Borla options, but probably also the other popular brands mentioned in this thread.
Thanks for the reply. I had a 2006 Toyota XSP that had a Borla dual exhaust setup, was already on it when I purchased it brand new. It was absolutely perfect, great sound when you mashed the gas, yet hardly notice when cruising. With more research on my part, I could try to replicate that, which is ultimately what I'd like.

Ram19Va

Reaction score
Love my Carven Competitor Catback. I still get compliments on how it sounds. Not too much drone at highway speeds.
Now, if you disable the ANC, then yeah you will hear a big difference. At a certain RPM it gets loud in the cabin, but doesn't bother me as its not cruising speed RPM's...more to do with acceleration. Guessing having soundproofing installed for the entire rear bottom and back of truck might have done something as well.

It's worth it though. Used to have a Borla S-Type Catback with X-pipe on the 5.0 Mustang, and I still think current Carven setup is better.

Note: You will get irritated hearing MDS cut on and off to the point you disable it. Warning that goes for any aftermarket exhaust.

Camel_City

Reaction score

I wish the GT models had the gear limit button instead of the gimicky paddle shifters ...

CaliRebel

Reaction score
Borla ATAK is the way to go! It was the first mod I did to my Rebel and i'm loving it!
Side note: If you're planning on having a shop do the install for you, make sure you look at the tips before driving off. The Borla tips are bigger than the stock ones and the shop that did the install for me mounted them all lopsided. The tips were touching the plastic on the bumper and melted it.

Users who are viewing this thread