5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust for 2022 Rebel

LilChico

Reaction score
Having a hard time deciding on going with the Borla Atak or Carven. Also would I need to go with the full cat back system or save some money and just go with muffler? I was told the piping with the cat back system is pretty much the same as the stock piping.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I thought the Borla Attack and Carven exhaust pipes were a bigger diameter than stock . As far as which one it would come down to personal preference . They're both good .

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
No other exhaust system I've heard sounds as good as the Borla ATAK. It has the same kind of 60's muscle car sound that the Carven & Flowmaster Outlaw has, but a smoother and more refined quality about it.

The ATAK also has this sweet kind of gurgle at idle that somewhat reminds me of the Fox Body Mustangs with Flowmaster 40-series. It also doesn't drone in MDS (4-cylinder mode) like the muffler only systems. It's tuned to sound well even when in 4-banger mode.

In the end, all these muffler options sound great for the price, but if you want the best sound in the "louder" category, it's the Borla ATAK.

LilChico

Reaction score
I thought the Borla Attack and Carven exhaust pipes were a bigger diameter than stock . As far as which one it would come down to personal preference . They're both good .
I think you are right. I think the Atak is 3 in 3 out. But stock is 3 in 2.5 out. Will have to look more into this.

LilChico

Reaction score
No other exhaust system I've heard sounds as good as the Borla ATAK. It has the same kind of 60's muscle car sound that the Carven & Flowmaster Outlaw has, but a smoother and more refined quality about it.

The ATAK also has this sweet kind of gurgle at idle that somewhat reminds me of the Fox Body Mustangs with Flowmaster 40-series. It also doesn't drone in MDS (4-cylinder mode) like the muffler only systems. It's tuned to sound well even when in 4-banger mode.

In the end, all these muffler options sound great for the price, but if you want the best sound in the "louder" category, it's the Borla ATAK.
I had an 87 fox body, your right it does have that all American muscle car sound. Both systems sound great, leaning more towards the Atak. Thanks for your input, much appreciated 👍

Ramrebel44

Reaction score
I have the AWE 0fg on my Rebel and I love it. Hammerdown motor sports has a good video on YouTube comparing the awe and atak.

Ramrebel44

Reaction score
It’s plenty loud, but only when you want it to be. If I’m driving around looking for a spot to park at my kids soccer practice I’m not setting off car alarms 😂.

If I’m merging on the freeway or just want to get on it a bit it sounds amazing.

LilChico

Reaction score
It’s plenty loud, but only when you want it to be. If I’m driving around looking for a spot to park at my kids soccer practice I’m not setting off car alarms 😂.

If I’m merging on the freeway or just want to get on it a bit it sounds amazing.
So the Atak will be a lot louder at start up and idle?

Ramrebel44

Reaction score
Cold start I think they’re pretty similar, mine is plenty loud in the mornings when I go to work. Idle has a nice deep rumble but it’s not aggressively loud

Ramrebel44

Reaction score
Yeah, I went with the full exhaust. I believe I ordered it through a vendor here on the site.

Ramrebel44

Reaction score
Scratch that, different site.

I’ve heard the adjustability of the exhaust tips and overall install is easier with the AWE than the Borla system. I had it done so I don’t have personal experience but I did a good amount of research into both of them before I made my decision

warz00

Reaction score
I had a Borla like 10years ago on a Land Rover Defender - have had AWE on BMW X6, Audi SQ5, and now Audi S5 - absolutely love them. If you decide to go that way, would be happy to direct you to who I bought them all through - had great price and awesome service.

LilChico

Reaction score
I had a Borla like 10years ago on a Land Rover Defender - have had AWE on BMW X6, Audi SQ5, and now Audi S5 - absolutely love them. If you decide to go that way, would be happy to direct you to who I bought them all through - had great price and awesome service.
Thanks. I’m still conflicted on which one to get. I have watched countless videos and have had so many real life opinions and still difficult to make a choice. They are both so close in comparison. It was an easier choice before AWE got thrown into the mix(lol). I would appreciate to know where you got yours from? I live in Canada.

LilChico

Reaction score
Scratch that, different site.

I’ve heard the adjustability of the exhaust tips and overall install is easier with the AWE than the Borla system. I had it done so I don’t have personal experience but I did a good amount of research into both of them before I made my decision

Users who are viewing this thread