5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust expansion

Stryker6040

Reaction score
Just got around to installing my exhaust system, i set thd tips where i wanted them tightened eveythind down checked the tips again still in place so at this point i locked it all down tight. Took her for a 15 min drive, came back and the exhaus tips looked like they shifted further back.

Checked all the clamps, all were tight so i backed off one and the exhaust slide forward, tip back where i wanted them. At this point i got a different clamp set everything, locked it down and this time i scribed the pipes wherd the clamps were and took it for a drive.

Got back and tips appeared to be further out again. Checked clamps and scribes and all were dead on.

Can the exhaust expanded enough to make the appearence on the tips being pushed out?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got around to installing my exhaust system, i set thd tips where i wanted them tightened eveythind down checked the tips again still in place so at this point i locked it all down tight. Took her for a 15 min drive, came back and the exhaus tips looked like they shifted further back.

Checked all the clamps, all were tight so i backed off one and the exhaust slide forward, tip back where i wanted them. At this point i got a different clamp set everything, locked it down and this time i scribed the pipes wherd the clamps were and took it for a drive.

Got back and tips appeared to be further out again. Checked clamps and scribes and all were dead on.

Can the exhaust expanded enough to make the appearence on the tips being pushed out?
Which exhaust system did you go with? Carven possibly? If one of the original kits, fitment was an issue with them. The tips repeatedly come out of alignment even after you've tightened everything down.

Users who are viewing this thread