5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust cut-out install

Rebel4play

Reaction score
Kindig-it designs exhaust cut-out.

Attachments

• Exhaust cut out 1.jpg
    Exhaust cut out 1.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Exhaust cut out 2.jpg
    Exhaust cut out 2.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Exhaust cut out.jpg
    Exhaust cut out.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 38

TittoPollito

Reaction score
I mean they are DMH sold by Kendig it, went through about 4 sets of those and 5/6 sets of QTP between '12-'16 on my G8. They QTP are pure garbage but the DMH would get stuck in the open position 4:10 times, they leaked if you didnt clean the flap opening fairly regularly or it was a nasty sounding leak, and they had to warranty the motors 6ish times. I have heard they made a lot of improvements but mine always seemed to fail at not so opportune times i.e. 03:00 coming home in the neighborhood.

PS Use a dedicated switch and the the Homelink module, mine would randomly open driving through residential areas

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I mean they are DMH sold by Kendig it, went through about 4 sets of those and 5/6 sets of QTP between '12-'16 on my G8. They QTP are pure garbage but the DMH would get stuck in the open position 4:10 times, they leaked if you didnt clean the flap opening fairly regularly or it was a nasty sounding leak, and they had to warranty the motors 6ish times. I have heard they made a lot of improvements but mine always seemed to fail at not so opportune times i.e. 03:00 coming home in the neighborhood.

PS Use a dedicated switch and the the Homelink module, mine would randomly open driving through residential areas
Still pretty much true with any electric cut out. Not a matter of "if", but when is it going to fail. They are fun toys to play with until then. Just get a good free flowing exhaust set up and save the money on the cutouts.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had awful experiences with the cutout on my F150 Ecoboost.

Wide open sounded amazing, but the failures were unacceptable.

Users who are viewing this thread