5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust after-cat bolt info and torque spec help?

WitsRebel

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I am new to the forum. I recently picked up a used '19 Rebel with the 5.7 in it. Getting the hemi sound was a bucket list item for me after hearing for years, so I picked up an AWE tuning cat back exhaust for it. I didn't open the box or look at the parts before removing the stock exhaust, and removed the exhaust section connected to the catalytic converter with what I presume are spline bolts and nut.

I reinstalled that section after realizing I over-disassembled, but am hoping someone has access to the torque specs for those bolts. I have a tendency to overtighten things and when I was tightening with my medium length socket wrench, I could have sworn I felt that normally unmistakable feeling when a bolt gives up and loosens right before snapping. haha. I stopped before breakage, but now when I start the truck I get moisture dripping from that connection, so I am thinking my imagine got the better of me and I need to tighten some more, OR, my fastener was sufficiently corroded and bit the dust.

I did some searching, and it looks like those bolts corroding is not uncommon, so I was hoping someone knowledgeable can let me know if that is in fact a spline bolt (in the event I broke it) that I should try to hammer out and replace? And also share the recommended replacement source and idea on torque spec for that nut in the event I was just gunshy and simply need to tighten more.

Thanks a lot in advance. Definitely enjoyed my initial perusal of the site and look forward to learning from all the experience on here as I get to messing more with my truck.

Users who are viewing this thread