5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EVIC Display Turns On and Off after I Exit the Truck

Marxvp1

Reaction score
I have a new 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn I've only had for just over a month. I just noticed that the "Press Brake and Push Start Button" display goes off but then comes back on after about 10 second, then goes off, then comes back on, etc. I stood outside the truck with the key fob in the house, and it was still doing it! This morning I thought the engine started a little slow and now I know why. The battery is being drained over-night because of this issue. Any idea's?

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I noticed when I exit the truck. And lock doors mine will also turn off and then few seconds later come on also. But I never tried to put fob far away. But to be honest. I can stand on the other side of my house and remote start it also. But I have never had a starting issue like you mention.

Have you tired to wait few hours and walk out with no fob. See if it still cycling the screen?

U

User_3336

If you have a "connected RAM", then this screen will periodically come on and off on its own because its pulling data from the telematics unit.. Has nothing to do with the FOB.

The telematics unit could be gathering data, such as vehicle report data, or simply doing a location of the vehicle.
Again, it will illuminate that screen for a minute or so, then go off.

U

User_3336

I have a new 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn I've only had for just over a month. I just noticed that the "Press Brake and Push Start Button" display goes off but then comes back on after about 10 second, then goes off, then comes back on, etc. I stood outside the truck with the key fob in the house, and it was still doing it! This morning I thought the engine started a little slow and now I know why. The battery is being drained over-night because of this issue. Any idea's?
You need to take your truck to the dealer. Read the post I made. Data gathering from telematics would not be enough to drain the battery. You apparently have something else going on.

What do you mean "the truck started a little slow"???? What was the battery voltage in the EVIC?

Marxvp1

Reaction score
You need to take your truck to the dealer. Read the post I made. Data gathering from telematics would not be enough to drain the battery. You apparently have something else going on.

What do you mean "the truck started a little slow"???? What was the battery voltage in the EVIC?
Yeah, I'm going to call the dealer today. Yesterday morning, first start of the day, it cranked over slowly, which is indicative of a weak battery. Last night when I got home from work, I disconnected the negative post on the battery to prevent the battery from draining overnight. This morning I reconnected it, and now the EVIC display will not turn off at all. I left the key fob in the house, and over the course of the last hour, having been going out to check it. Still on. Crap!

Marxvp1

Reaction score
I figured out the problem! My truck came with an anti-theft device called "My Guidepost". The module ties into the truck through the OBD plug, and the module is mounted behind the drivers kick panel. Well, it was defective and prevented the truck from "going to sleep". I yanked that puppy out (unplugged it), and now the LED display on the instrument panel shuts off like it's supposed to! I've been talking **** about Ram Trucks to my co-workers all day and now I have to take it all back! It's wasn't the trucks fault after all. It was a damn dealer installed aftermarket piece of crap. One more reason never to go for "dealer installed options" like this.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I figured out the problem! My truck came with an anti-theft device called "My Guidepost". The module ties into the truck through the OBD plug, and the module is mounted behind the drivers kick panel. Well, it was defective and prevented the truck from "going to sleep". I yanked that puppy out (unplugged it), and now the LED display on the instrument panel shuts off like it's supposed to! I've been talking **** about Ram Trucks to my co-workers all day and now I have to take it all back! It's wasn't the trucks fault after all. It was a damn dealer installed aftermarket piece of crap. One more reason never to go for "dealer installed options" like this.
wow
glad you found that piece of crap.

U

User_3336

OOPS! there is another entire thread on these devices about how we find them, remove them ourselves, and how they drain out batteries. Can't believe I didn't think about that at first.

Are you sure it isn't by "Guidepoint systems". Its the MOPAR OEM device.

Users who are viewing this thread