5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Every warning light the truck has came on!

Reaction score
Tried to start my 2019 Limited this morning. Every warning message and light came on the dash. Truck would idle but stalled if driven even a few feet. At the dealership now, and thoughts on what I am looking at? I have only owned the truck 3 weeks and am worried I bought someone else's lemon! Loved the truck up until now.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Tried to start my 2019 Limited this morning. Every warning message and light came on the dash. Truck would idle but stalled if driven even a few feet. At the dealership now, and thoughts on what I am looking at? I have only owned the truck 3 weeks and am worried I bought someone else's lemon! Loved the truck up until now.
Probably the battery but please keep us informed .

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is the battery original? If so, just replace it and see what happens.

Reaction score
Thanks all, it's under warranty so I had it towed to the dealer I bought it from but they haven't even looked at it yet.

Reaction score
Dealer has traced the problem to a bad star connector. When they scanned the truck it had stored over 100 error codes! They are keeping it for the weekend to check it again Monday. Only upside is they have provided me with a rental. I am wondering how one connection could cause all that trouble.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dealer has traced the problem to a bad star connector. When they scanned the truck it had stored over 100 error codes! They are keeping it for the weekend to check it again Monday. Only upside is they have provided me with a rental. I am wondering how one connection could cause all that trouble.
Low or intermittent voltage in any one of the connections and the computer gets the hiccups.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They found it that fast? Seems a little suspect to me, but hopefully it’s solved.

Reaction score
Got the truck back, seems to be working fine, just hope it's fixed and not going to be an ongoing problem!

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They found it that fast? Seems a little suspect to me, but hopefully it’s solved.
He got lucky with the tech working on it. They probably have seen a thing or two and understand communication systems better than most.

Reaction score
And back in the shop today, towed in again, same issue. When the dealer looked at it everything was fine, no stored codes. They called their engineer who thinks one of the modules in the truck has an intermittent communication problem. They will do a 16 hour scope of the truck ( whatever that is) and will provide me with a rental. Hopefully they figure it out!

Reaction score
400, it's where I bought it. So far I am pleased with the service if not with this particular truck.

Ram Man 727

Reaction score
I've had issues at Barrie Chrysler so I won't take my truck there. I've actually been going to Midland Chrysler but its a but further drive.. or tow! 🤪

Reaction score
Good to know, I bought a Ram at Blue Mountain years ago and had trouble there. Nice to know Midland is an option.

Reaction score
Well, they found some corroded wires and replaced them. Hoping that was the problem. Time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread