5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Every Song Starts with a Static/Skip Sound Playing Music off of iPhone

thabiiighomie

Reaction score
When I have my iPhone plugged in to play music off of Apple Music, every song within 3 seconds of starting will essentially skip and make a static noise. I am noticing that it happens during songs, too, but not as frequently. Anyone else had this problem? 1,000 miles on the odometer and it has been consistently happening from the start.

shaveman

Reaction score
Yes, I have this exact problem. But I haven't researched to see if there is a fix for it or if others are experiencing the same. I did try using a different cable (went from USB port to USB-C port), but still have the same issue, so it's not the cable or a specific port.

thabiiighomie

Reaction score
Yes, I have this exact problem. But I haven't researched to see if there is a fix for it or if others are experiencing the same. I did try using a different cable (went from USB port to USB-C port), but still have the same issue, so it's not the cable or a specific port.
I tried every USB and two Apple brand cords. Let me know if you hear anything and I will do likewise. My appointment is two weeks out.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just realized this morning that Apple Music will play via Bluetooth. I have the 12" screen and I was having trouble getting my playlist to play thru Apple CarPlay with the cable. I started fiddling around with it and and touched the Bluetooth icon on the screen and the playlist started playing without the phone being connected to the truck with a cable. I took a pic of the screen which shows the icon. It's the second one down on the screen. I've had trouble off and on with Apple CarPlay. Switched out cables, etc., and perused the forum to see other people having problems and I thought I saw comments where folks were saying that CarPlay wouldn't play via Bluetooth. Not sure what's going on; but it's working.

Attachments

• Apple Music.jpg
    Apple Music.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 13

JRD

Reaction score
Any update on this topic?

The static noise on mine is constant through the entire time I’m listening to music via Bluetooth. Have not listened to the radio so not sure whether or not the issue continues with normal radio.

thabiiighomie

Reaction score
Any update on this topic?

The static noise on mine is constant through the entire time I’m listening to music via Bluetooth. Have not listened to the radio so not sure whether or not the issue continues with normal radio.
Mine makes noises while plugged into USB from iPhone and used to be within the first couple seconds of each song. Now it happens all the way through certain songs. Used different phones and cords. Scheduled to drop off at dealership Thursday of this week.

JRD

Reaction score
Mine makes noises while plugged into USB from iPhone and used to be within the first couple seconds of each song. Now it happens all the way through certain songs. Used different phones and cords. Scheduled to drop off at dealership Thursday of this week.
Let me know what they say, I thought I was having hearing issues at first

buckeyecool71

Reaction score

Same issue here even after a flash to the latest firmware.

Let us know how the appointment goes.

Zipper100

Reaction score
I've been waiting for a solution to this since Dec. Ram/Uconnect is in no hurry to provide a solution.

moonfire

Reaction score
There's a dealer access only update related to TSB 08-003-19 REV C. Here's a link to REV B. http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_0800319b.pdf

The software version number is the same in both REV B and C. If you don't already have radio software 1848.24, I suggest taking it to your dealer and having them flash it to try to resolve the issue. They also told me a new radio update is due out 4th quarter of this year.

JRD

Reaction score
There's a dealer access only update related to TSB 08-003-19 REV C. Here's a link to REV B. http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_0800319b.pdf

The software version number is the same in both REV B and C. If you don't already have radio software 1848.24, I suggest taking it to your dealer and having them flash it to try to resolve the issue. They also told me a new radio update is due out 4th quarter of this year.
Any idea of how to check what radio software I have? I tried to look in settings but didn’t see it

moonfire

Reaction score
Any idea of how to check what radio software I have? I tried to look in settings but didn’t see it
It depends on how new your software is. If it's too old, you can't check yourself and have to have the dealer check (like I did), but if it's new enough, this will work for you and does for me now that I'm on the newer software. You turn on the truck or at least the ACC power for the radio to turn on. From there, press the bottom left icon (for me it was radio) and the bottom right icon (for me it was settings) together at the same time for about 7-10 seconds which will put your radio screen into dealer mode. This didn't work for me until I got the software update and I tried at least a dozen times before. Now it works every time. The reason I say the icons where what they were for me is because you can long press them and rearrange them, you you might have two different icons in your bottom corners.

JMMcLaughlin

Reaction score
I will join with many of the same issues. However I will add one, three times this morning my fron speakers stopped working with Car Play. I could restore them by turning the radio off then back on. Off to dealer I go tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread