5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ever think the truck gods didn't want you to buy a new truck?

deanno33

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I took delivery of my new nicely optioned 2023 Ram Backcountry and although I like most things about it, it seems to constantly give little disappointments. In sequence:

1- Ram changed their standard option (for my build) 26 gallon fuel tank and replaced it with a 23 gallon...still ticked about this one as I would have ordered the 33 had I know they could just do that to a customer.
2- The truck shows up to me looking like it was taken off road (pics below) and it took me hours to wash and scrub the mud off. There was mud on the side mirrors housing and inside the cab...literally.
3- I had the Alpine stereo in my 2022 and the same stereo in my 2023 doesn't sound near as good. I messed around with it a lot but something is different.
4- The premium light group headlights are not as bright as my 2022. Now, I may just need to adjust up a tad, not sure...but noticeably not as far reaching to me.
5- The place that installed my new tires put a big chip in my BTS wheels.
6- I sold my 2022 and then made a large payment (50k) to Chrysler Capital on 7/30 for my 2023. To date, they haven't located my funds, although the money left my account on 7/30 and I have a copy of the check proving Chrysler cashed it.
7- My new plates finally arrive and I go to install...there's no front bracket. Just not something I ever thought of since my other new vehicles always had them when I took delivery. Not a big deal, ordered one from amazon.
8- Last night I go to plug something into the power outlet in the rear seat area of the cab...they eliminated the rear 3-prong outlet in the 2023! What a joke! They included the one up front still, but really, eliminate the one people actually use?
9- On the way to work this morning, I hit my wipers / fluid. My indicator comes on saying I'm out of washer fluid...I probably used it 5 or 6 times in the 3 weeks I've owned it. Obviously not a big deal...just hoping they didn't reduce that tank size too :)

Anyway, I hope this is it...thanks for listening....

20230715_105833.jpg 20230715_105634.jpg

Last edited:

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Most of your problems, are just the truck you bought, and the dealer you bought from. V8s have a 23 gallon tank, V6s get the 26. Low level trims may not have a rear outlet, but upper trims do. Didn't you even look at the web site to see what was standard before ordering? The money thing is typical across companies. My girlfriend just got a new car, and her old one was paid off. She got informed that Ford listed her as 30 days late on her payment, which dropped her credit score by 85 points. after many phone calls to Ford, they agree there were no late payments, but she is still waiting for them to fix her credit rating. No plate bracket, low fluid, and dirty are your dealer, which I would question whether it was prepped properly.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where did you order it from? What company delivered it to you? Who put the tires on for you?

There are so many people to blame for this.

deanno33

Reaction score
Most of your problems, are just the truck you bought, and the dealer you bought from. V8s have a 23 gallon tank, V6s get the 26. Low level trims may not have a rear outlet, but upper trims do. Didn't you even look at the web site to see what was standard before ordering?

Ha, yeah I researched the options. Every dealer told me the 26 gal was standard on the Hemi, crew cab, 4x4...as did the Ram website. At some point late in 2023 orders they started putting the 23 gal in. The rear outlet, I didn't research specifically. My almost identical 2022 Backcountry had it, so was just surprised they removed it for 2023.

The financing thing isn't typical. I sent the check on 7/25. They cashed it on7/30. As of yesterday (and 3 calls from me over the past days) they were not able to located it. Their team is working on it now.

My post was somewhat in fun and as mentioned, not a big deal. I know the financing will get sorted out too. It just seems there is one thing after the next.

I purchased from MD and I don't blame them for this stuff. Anthony was great to work with and can't control what the shipper does once it leaves their dealer (the mud issue). MD apologized for the fuel tank thing too and offered me an option but I already had my 2022 sold and didn't have too much choice at that point.

Last edited:

deanno33

Reaction score
Where did you order it from? What company delivered it to you? Who put the tires on for you?
Hey. Ordered from Mark Dodge. I don't recall the shipper specifically but it was someone MD located through their process. Again, I don't fault MD on that. Tires were put on at a local Ram dealer. I bought new BTS take offs and cleaned them up good before bringing them in. When I got home I noticed the chip...it absolutely wasn't there previously. Not much I can do about that and will find some color match to fix it.

6of36

Reaction score
I guess I will be inspecting mine good, before I take delivery from Mark Dodge. Local dealers here, do proper prep, they did not.

6of36

Reaction score
And as far as the front plate bracket, a lot of states, mine included, don't require front plates, so if you live in a state that does, it's a no cost option, that has to be checked, when ordering. Millions were getting thrown away.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
When I got mine from MD I requested they not clean it.
you want swirl marks or some mud?
Always order the biggest fuel tank available for any truck you buy, save time and money as less time going to the pump.

How many miles were on the odometer when it arrived at you?
I wonder if it was a rain storm when it arrived. My truck got to MD after a hurricane or something went through, the pictures online were scary as hell, but my truck got there AFTER the storm thank god.

I also flew down to accept the truck

Users who are viewing this thread