5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Even after my new purchase I'm tore. I love my new ride sure do miss my old one. Your thoughts?

Partime43

Reaction score
which one?

Attachments

• 2019 Ram.jpg
    2019 Ram.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 200
  • 2017 Ram.jpg
    2017 Ram.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 199

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Buyer's remorse. I drove my Titan for 12 years, through college, new job, marriage, kids. I put over $5k into modding it, and it had HP/TQ to rival today's trucks. I missed that thing for over a month, and had remorse almost every time I got in the Ram.

Now? Wouldn't have changed anything. All the things I didn't get on this truck that I wanted I can easily install myself after the fact, but minus the dealer labor markup.

RebelRich

Reaction score
I like your new truck. I did the same thing. Traded my 2013 tradesmen 4x4 for my current truck 2019 rebel with rebel 2 package and never looked back. I loved my old truck but the new ones are so much nicer .

Jonwiggle

Reaction score
In my junior year of high school (2003, graduated 2004), I bought a 99 Silverado. I put a ton of money into that truck: headers, exhaust, rims, painted parts, cowl hood, stereo system etc. I loved that thing, and had no bills, and a great high school job. In 2011 (over 8 years of owning it), it was totaled, not my fault.

I bought a brand new 2011 GMC Sierra. I missed my old truck like crazy. I didn't do much to this truck. During that time I moved a few times, a few job changes, got married, had two kids, etc. It was an extended cab, and started needing more room.

During the start of corona, I saw major deals with the 0% for 84 months. I had to jump. It had been almost 9 years with my GMC. A total of 17 years with GM products.

Now, I actually work for a Fiat owned company, so got a good discount on my RAM. Actually bought my wife a Pacifica last fall too. I debated between GMC again or RAM with my discount. Comparing the two trucks, including price it was a no brainier. For me, there is no buyer's remorse. I love this truck. This truck is better in every way compared to my last two trucks. Wish I had more expendable money to upgrade it. Currently saving for a new house. Maybe you can spend some money to make it your own?

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
My 1995 Cherokee was a whole lot easier to park, but at 270,000 miles, I didn't trust it for long trips. Or even moderately long trips. I can be in Las Vegas in 3½ hours if I stay within the speed limits, but I would never have taken my Cherokee there the last ten years or so. And my Wrangler gets atrocious highway mileage and the noise of the soft top flapping is deafening at freeway speeds. Plus cargo space is minuscule and not really lockable. Which meant we always took the wife's Camry on trips. Good mileage, and dependable, but we had to leave behind a lot of camping gear I would have liked to bring.... like folding chairs. Not any more. I can go anywhere I want to go and bring what I want. I love my truck.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As some one who has a 5th gen and my dad that has a 4th gen, there is no comparison. Other than perhaps availability of more aftermarket stuff on the 4th gens(because they have been out for ever) the 5th gen is better in almost every way. I agree with Yellowsled get you a set of 20's at least and that will make a huge difference.

Users who are viewing this thread