5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Etorque

NOLA Rick

Reaction score
First, lemon law that thing. Second, file suit against the dealership in small claims court for all costs you incurred because of the time during which you didn't have your truck. This list of costs includes a demand for a prorated refund of your truck payment. Let the dealer explain to a small claims court judge why letting you sit and spin for a month was ok. I guarantee the judge isn't going to like the dealer very much.

20laramieetorque

Reaction score
First, lemon law that thing. Second, file suit against the dealership in small claims court for all costs you incurred because of the time during which you didn't have your truck. This list of costs includes a demand for a prorated refund of your truck payment. Let the dealer explain to a small claims court judge why letting you sit and spin for a month was ok. I guarantee the judge isn't going to like the dealer very much.

Trying to figure out which lemon law applies

Bought my truck in Maryland and live in Pennsylvania.

Any help would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Well..... so much for that had the truck back for a week after installation of new parts and here it is once again. this is the 3rd time now with 1800 miles on the truck. I give up lol.
1621183e9db7f43584222f076c774fe8.jpg

Sorry man :( Time to get a buyback or Lemon Law it. Just appears you got a bad one.

NOLA Rick

Reaction score

Not being familiar with either jurisdiction, I can only say that generally the cause of action lies in the jurisdiction in which the transaction occurred or in which the defendant is domiciled. Best guess is Maryland is probably the correct venue, however, I wouldn't be scared to include FCA in the suit and drag them all kicking and screaming into your home venue and let them argue to the judge why it should move. Tactically, small claims judges tend to let the finer technical points of law slide because they assume that as a lay person you can't be expected to know the code of civil procedure. Feel free to send me a message and I'll do my best to point you in the right direction.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score

Any help would be great.

I can give you my opinion but as I am not an attorney who specializes in Lemon Law, I will refrain. Consultations are free so I would reach out to a few attorneys and get their legal answer.

20laramieetorque

Reaction score
Well got ahold of some sources today here goes #3 back to get worked on. Etorque system failed again , just straight disappointment. #LEMON
3dd6006c093fe4f6d8cd58446de6a596.jpg

Rsgli

Reaction score
I have went thought the lemon Law process and it will take a few months to complete if you win, No need to contact a lawyer just contact the BBB auto hotline the information should be in you lemon law book included with your owners manual if not I`m sure you can do a quick google search and get the phone number. Be prepared to have time to spend on the phone to open and start a case, they will start the process with FCA. I actually won the case and it was a pain to go though.. it was back in 2002 but I would think the process would be some what the same. I purchased my car in Florida but was living in Texas as where the car was serviced, I would assume for your situation you selling dealer and service dealer in different states is not gong to matter this process as the servicing dealer is going the be the one who has to communicate with BBB and FCA.

This process on what you want form them can be good or bad, hopefully you are not upside down in your truck because they go by vehicle value if they buy it back, I ended up being -800.00 in my case but lucky for me they misread the paper work and cut me a check for that amount! I would call and get the process started since the truck has been down for over 30days and 3 times for same issue.

I`m really shock to see all the complaints of members vehicles being down and dealers not providing a rental if loaner not available, I purchased 6 new vehicle and if I had any issues where it had to be down for several days for a issue I was always able to get a rental if they did not have a loaner.. I hope I don't have any issue with my truck because I`m going to be pissed if I can`t get transportation. I hope this information helps!

formula233

Reaction score
I have went thought the lemon Law process and it will take a few months to complete if you win, No need to contact a lawyer just contact the BBB auto hotline the information should be in you lemon law book included with your owners manual if not I`m sure you can do a quick google search and get the phone number. Be prepared to have time to spend on the phone to open and start a case, they will start the process with FCA. I actually won the case and it was a pain to go though.. it was back in 2002 but I would think the process would be some what the same. I purchased my car in Florida but was living in Texas as where the car was serviced, I would assume for your situation you selling dealer and service dealer in different states is not gong to matter this process as the servicing dealer is going the be the one who has to communicate with BBB and FCA.

This process on what you want form them can be good or bad, hopefully you are not upside down in your truck because they go by vehicle value if they buy it back, I ended up being -800.00 in my case but lucky for me they misread the paper work and cut me a check for that amount! I would call and get the process started since the truck has been down for over 30days and 3 times for same issue.

I`m really shock to see all the complaints of members vehicles being down and dealers not providing a rental if loaner not available, I purchased 6 new vehicle and if I had any issues where it had to be down for several days for a issue I was always able to get a rental if they did not have a loaner.. I hope I don't have any issue with my truck because I`m going to be pissed if I can`t get transportation. I hope this information helps!
I had the same problem as you1st they did the recall and tightened/clean ground. Truck still had battery charging problem. 2nd they found rear window leaked water in/on 48v battery. They replaced that. Problem came back. Next they replaced the woring harness running under the carpet, had to remove the whole interier. Problem still there . Next they replaced the generator. That may of fixed it but to early to tell. Plus the whole time the center instruments display goes blank so i can’t tell if it’s charging or not.

20laramieetorque

Reaction score
We’ll return #3 for the truck back again.
This time was only in shop for 23 days; awaiting to see if the problem returns for a 4th I just rolled 2000 miles I’ve had the truck for almost 6 months: at least keeping mileage down lol. Maybe truck has C-19. This time was a list of parts and only thing changed was 1 wire?. So a little confused with that almost as if they know it is going to be back again so just ordered everything to replace one part at a time. But it is weird I can tell when it’s about to happen my gas mileage goes to crap, which is weird. So I’ll keep updating weekly; anyone else having issues with theirs still?.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online