5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eTorque worth it?

psuds

Reaction score
Hi guys, I’m in Canada and have waited forever to get my hands on a Sport eTorque. My hopes have been crushed several times over the course of an entire year and I’m wondering if I should just go with the Hemi.

Any thoughts on really loving the eTorque?

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know opinions will very, for me I do like the e-torque. Long story but I originally ordered a truck in April with the regular Hemi. I then changed what I wanted and ordered a second truck later on and was forced to get e-torque at that time because the regular Hemi was not available at that time and I didn’t want to wait. I was worried about it at first but once I got the truck I didn’t mind at all. The auto start/stop is seamless. I also like the fact of the ‘e-torque’ battery feeding back into the 12v regular battery if needed as I run accessories often with the truck off. Also,I only paid $800 U.S. difference from the regular Hemi to the e-torque at that time. A lot less difference than now. So far just over 10,000 miles and no problems. Just my two cents. Good luck!(y)

psuds

Reaction score
I know opinions will very, for me I do like the e-torque. Long story but I originally ordered a truck in April with the regular Hemi. I then changed what I wanted and ordered a second truck later on and was forced to get e-torque at that time because the regular Hemi was not available at that time and I didn’t want to wait. I was worried about it at first but once I got the truck I didn’t mind at all. The auto start/stop is seamless. I also like the fact of the ‘e-torque’ battery feeding back into the 12v regular battery if needed as I run accessories often with the truck off. Also,I only paid $800 U.S. difference from the regular Hemi to the e-torque at that time. A lot less difference than now. So far just over 10,000 miles and no problems. Just my two cents. Good luck!(y)

Awesome, thanks for the feedback! It’s been super frustrating to wait so long for this but since I’ve waited almost a year, I might as well get exactly what I want with the best features.

Do you have the air suspension as well? I keep getting mixed reviews being in Canada and experiencing issues when it’s cold. However, I do know this is the second generation so I’m assuming they’ve improved it.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for the feedback! It’s been super frustrating to wait so long for this but since I’ve waited almost a year, I might as well get exactly what I want with the best features.

Do you have the air suspension as well? I keep getting mixed reviews being in Canada and experiencing issues when it’s cold. However, I do know this is the second generation so I’m assuming they’ve improved it.
I do not have the air, another reason why I went with a Longhorn and not a Limited. I wanted to lift it so I went coil.

S

Smashy71

Etorque is not worth it. It cost more and it’s not proven. To get an extra 1-2 miles per gallon how long will it take for it to pay for itself? Plus from some of the etorque threads I’ve read they aren’t getting claimed etorque fuel economy. Plus, who wants a lithium battery in their back seat the size of a suitcase. That’s just my opinion. I like the air suspension a lot.

harleyrae

Reaction score
I have the Rebel with both air and etorque which I insisted on. I love my Rebel. Everything works fantastic. We are still looking for a second Ram but have taken etorque off the table - if it has it and is THE truck hubby wants that cranks his chain fine, if no etorque and is THE truck no biggie. Learned my lesson that the price is not worth the extra 1-2 miles if it even exist.

upstateram

Reaction score
I have the eTorque and it's ok. I think it will have some impact on resale value. But most of us paid about $1500 extra for it, I calculated a while back it would take 65 years to break even in gas savings.

Users who are viewing this thread