5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eTorque v8 no longer order able until after 1st of the new year!

grinch72

Reaction score
Just learned from my dealer you can no longer order the V8 eTorque until after the 1st of the year.. At least that is what he was told from his rep. Totally sucks. I was ready to drop my $$$$

echristi

Reaction score
Just learned from my dealer you can no longer order the V8 eTorque until after the 1st of the year.. At least that is what he was told from his rep. Totally sucks. I was ready to drop my $$$$
The amount of order restrictions coming for the RAM has been illogical.... I can't seem to figure out if they planned properly, or something else happened? There should be some on lots... hopefully you can find one you want out there somewhere!

Ulexis

Reaction score
I would check another dealer. My wife did a build out last night for a limited stock order and nothing was on restriction except the regular hemi. Meaning it would need to be a sold order to buy the regular hemi. Anyone Sold/Dealer can order the etorque.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
IIRC, an article I read pretty early in the model year (March or April?) had a quote from a Ram exec saying they were only projecting something like a 25% take rate on the Hemi eTorque. Just looking at the tracking spreadsheets we have on this site, it looks like way more than a 25% take rate, eyeballing it looks like well over a 50% take rate from our small sample size.

If I'm not totally misremembering that article, that kind of miscalculation on Ram's part would definitely explain any ordering holds on it now, if they outstripped the suppliers' ability to produce the eTorque components.

xo151

Reaction score
I hope this isn't true. I tried to order last Friday and was denied then.

grinch72

Reaction score
I would check another dealer. My wife did a build out last night for a limited stock order and nothing was on restriction except the regular hemi. Meaning it would need to be a sold order to buy the regular hemi. Anyone Sold/Dealer can order the etorque.

Called 4 dealers today after speaking with my original dealer. They all confirmed the 27H(eTorque) isn't orderable at this time even on a sold order.

Arkansas Jeff

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
Called 4 dealers today after speaking with my original dealer. They all confirmed the 27H(eTorque) isn't orderable at this time even on a sold order.

OH I PRAY THIS IS NOT SO!!!!!!!!

DeanKing

Reaction score
I am thinking that 25% may be right for all trucks sold but right now most of them are high end so people are going for lots of bells and whistles. I’ve done the math and it would take five years and a decent amount of stop and go driving to break even on it. I still ordered it for other reasons. I wonder if it is the batteries. I have been reading about general supply problems across the industry due to the increased demand. Can’t be the motor cause they aren’t different. Starting production of the v6 could also have taken battery supply because they all must have the etorque. Still sucks for people that want to buy a truck now. Hopefully they didn’t shut it down because of some problem they need to fix.

Dontra

Reaction score
I have been trying to order a Laramie for about 2 months now. I want the etorque, air ride and ram box. One or the other has stopped the order each time.

Dontra

Reaction score
If you had ordered this week you could not order it

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This may be off topic.. maybe not .. but I read this

“FCA US -- the North American subsidiary of the global car giant -- saw a sales growth of 15 percent compared to the year-ago period, on the strength of its refreshed Jeep and Ram models.”

This may explain why. They are having more sales than anticipated. A 15% increase is sizable.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wonder if it is do to a parts shortage or if their is an issue with the system. Mine is flawless so far.

DeanKing

Reaction score
What does that mean “even on a sold order”?

I ordered mine last month with this feature
I ordered mine 8/30 and order tracking says it’s built but sitting in Detroit for reasons I don’t know. If they don’t actually ship it to me that suggests there is a problem holding them back. I will post if they ship it.

JoeRam

Reaction score
I ordered mine as well on 8/30 and it was built on the 24th of Sept. I was informed today that is in shipping, arrival in a few days. at the time of order the eTorque was available.

Last edited:

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The fact that they nearly doubled the price on the eTorque would indicate to me that they realized pretty early on that demand would outstrip their supply of components, rather than the current order stoppage being a problem with the eTorque system.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The fact that they nearly doubled the price on the eTorque would indicate to me that they realized pretty early on that demand would outstrip their supply of components, rather than the current order stoppage being a problem with the eTorque system.
My point exactly.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I may not be able to order one(Rebel) in Canada right now but at least I got it in writing when they finally do order my truck it's only a $500 option here.

Gatornation9999

Reaction score
Just received this from a dealer I had been working with. He previously told me it would open back up this week. Seems the original poster was right.
1539028281711.png

Users who are viewing this thread