5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ETorque Tax Credit???

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those of you with Etorque engines...have you looked into any possible tax credits through the government for "hybrid vehicles"? We're thinking about financing solar panels for the house and somehow I came across a couple of references that imply that even mild hybrid vehicles could qualify for a slight tax credit...

Trouble1233

Reaction score
Hmmm might have to check on that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That'd be great. Let us know if find anything.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Maconi

Reaction score
The eTorque is basically just a fancy starter battery (it does a few other things as well obviously). I think in order to get tax rebates the actual motor has to be partially/fully powered by the battery during operation.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Possibly, I haven't found much info on it but I'll keep looking. Either way...I'm still going to shoot for the tax credit this coming tax season and see what happens...worse thing that they can say is NO lol.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It has to be either all electric or a plug-in hybrid. Source: am accountant.
You're correct....
Just looked up on the EPA government website. They actually list all current makes/models that qualify. It used to be standard hybrids too but no longer.
The only FCA vehicle that qualifies now is the plug-in Pacifica. Sorry guys 🥺

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
Good news is we're getting solar panels on the house so I'll get a $6k tax credit! Lmao.
How much are you spending in the solar panels? Is that including a converter and storage system? Do you live in a location that charges different rates for electricity/gas depending on time of day?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The eTorque is basically just a fancy starter battery (it does a few other things as well obviously). I think in order to get tax rebates the actual motor has to be partially/fully powered by the battery during operation.
The eTorque motor adds 130 lb ft of torque when taking off so it does power the engine and is more than a fancy starter.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How much are you spending in the solar panels? Is that including a converter and storage system? Do you live in a location that charges different rates for electricity/gas depending on time of day?
Well we're in Las Vegas so during the summer rates are a little higher to cut down on energy demands.
For solar I'm going to be paying $22,300 at $82/month with 1.49% financing. The setup is going to be Omni directional that can feed excess power back to the power company to give us credits. No storage system (a good thing). So we don't have to worry about batteries. Converter is always included in a solar setup...at least here in the desert.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
The eTorque motor adds 130 lb ft of torque when taking off so it does power the engine and is more than a fancy starter.

Aftermarket starters tested by these goobers were 150-200 ft-lbs.

Maybe if i try starting the motor during full acceleration at least the starter might add to my total torque to achieve a higher maximum value...

To me when the e torque only displaces torque from the motor and not add to achieve more than highest dyno proven figure is frustrating and does not seem to capitalize on full potential.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
SO MUCH prior discussion on eTorque system benefits elsewhere on this forum. Please check those threads out if you’d like to learn more.

Back to the thread topic...a P0 hybrid isn’t going to get you a tax credit. On the other hand, you might be able to claim a hybrid parking spot ;)

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
SO MUCH prior discussion on eTorque system benefits elsewhere on this forum. Please check those threads out if you’d like to learn more.

Back to the thread topic...a P0 hybrid isn’t going to get you a tax credit. On the other hand, you might be able to claim a hybrid parking spot ;)
Ooooo that's a good idea! Plenty of those front row spots here in Vegas too!

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Ooooo that's a good idea! Plenty of those front row spots here in Vegas too!
Gonna have to get some of those fancy new '21 hood badges that call out the ET so everyone else can see how environmentaly friendly your truck is 😄
DT21-Gallery-Exterior-03.jpg.image.1000.jpg

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gonna have to get some of those fancy new '21 hood badges that call out the ET so everyone else can see how environmentaly friendly your truck is 😄
DT21-Gallery-Exterior-03.jpg.image.1000.jpg
Hehe! I think they have those on Canadian models. But I'd probably need a whole big decal on the side of the bed to keep from getting towed lol

Users who are viewing this thread