5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Etorque swap wiring issues

Sinblue

Reaction score
Hey all, I’m a little crazy and I’m looking to swap a 48v alternator and battery pack from a2019 1500 etorque hemi, mainly I’m looking for two things. I have no idea what the plug tire, name or part number is for the battery pack or bsg, I bought one wiring harness for the engine but would rather not spend another 400$ on another harness for a single communications plug.

Secondly I don’t know the start procedure for the alternator and battery. Spinning the alternator doesn’t produce any voltage output. Thanks for the help

805myth1

Reaction score

monza2t

Reaction score
Are you trying to add eTorque to a non-eTorque truck?

Honestly, I can't imagine that would be worth the complexity and cost. Not only is there hardware to install but you have software that needs to be update as the whole drivetrain interacts differently with eTorque vs. non.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I second what @monza2t said. I saw no benefit from the system, and certainly wouldn't spend the money to add it. Hell, I'd pay extra to not have it LOL. Your return on investment for what you've already spent will take many years to pay for itself, if it ever does. If, on the other hand, you're doing this as a "fun" project or learning experience, then I can respect that. It's your truck, and you can do what you want with it. But if you're wanting to add etorque for some beneficial reason you'll be disappointed.

stevj

Reaction score
On a clear day, I can see Seattle from my house.
Also, with eTorque, the transmission has an accumulator and other parts to maintain transmission fluid pressure while the engine is stopped.
So there's more than just adding the battery pack and swapping the alternator for a motor/generator.
As was stated above, interface modules, controls, and monitoring equipment/software will have to be added and programmed.
But I do like those quiet, butter-smooth eTorque restarts.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/