5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

etorque stalling

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you, these are also stating for the HEMIs but I have a V6. I am supposed to be driving the service manager around Friday so he can experience what I experience (insert eye roll) but of course I am sure they will say it is nothing and I highly doubt it will stall in the 5 minutes he is in the truck with me but I am going to show him these two TSBs. I am sure he will say it is not valid for my V6 engine and I cannot seem to find anyone with a V6 that has had updates to their trucks.
We are missing some helpful information on your truck. Let's start with what year is it?

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I drained between .5 and .75 of a quart.
There are a few threads of people with it overfilled from the factory so I got it up to temp and checked mine and unsurprising mine was overfilled also.
If you got it all the way up to normal operating temperature and then drained it, your trans is now low on fluid. On the ZF 8HP transmissions level is supposed to be checked when fluid is between 40-50C (104-122F). At normal operating temperatures it can expand roughly ~5%, which is about half a quart considering the total fluid capacity of our trucks....which means your truck is now about half a quart low.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
If you got it all the way up to normal operating temperature and then drained it, your trans is now low on fluid. On the ZF 8HP transmissions level is supposed to be checked when fluid is between 40-50C (104-122F). At normal operating temperatures it can expand roughly ~5%, which is about half a quart considering the total fluid capacity of our trucks....which means your truck is now about half a quart low.
I checked it at 115F, but thanks.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi, it is a 2022 V6 etourque 1500 BigHorn Crew Cab 4x4
The TSBs provided do not apply to your vehicle. I don't see any TSB that apply to a stalling concern. There are a couple of TSBs for updates to the HCP for codes.

Jennwebster33

Reaction score
The TSBs provided do not apply to your vehicle. I don't see any TSB that apply to a stalling concern. There are a couple of TSBs for updates to the HCP for codes.
No none of them are stall specific but others who had stalling issues had these updates and it seems to have fixed their stalling issue....I also have rough starts where the truck lunges after being stopped at a light or slowing down but not coming to a complete stop but then accelerating again because the light changes. Unfortunately it seems only HEMIs are eligible for these updates. I was just hoping that while it says HEMI, the updates could be applied to the V6 but I am not seeing anyone with a V6 with these issues at having been addressed....thanks for responding :)

Jake2544

Reaction score
Disregard my last post, it’s back at the shop again. Stalled out completely twice this morning on my 2 mile commute to work. I’ve had it with this truck!

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Disregard my last post, it’s back at the shop again. Stalled out completely twice this morning on my 2 mile commute to work. I’ve had it with this truck!
Less than two weeks of bliss... that stinks!

Jake2544

Reaction score
They just called, said the vapor lines are full of fuel and all lines and tank need to be replaced. Third time that the tank has been down now. Twice for evap codes, WTF!

Mpgrimm2

Reaction score
My 22 rebel V8 etorque is sitting at the dealer for the 2nd time over this low speed stalling issue when coming to a stop or slowing to turn between on coming traffic... Fun times!

See post here if interested.

Edit: still couldn't duplicate, still no codes, etc?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 22 rebel V8 etorque is sitting at the dealer for the 2nd time (5700 mi & 15222mi) over this low speed stalling issue when coming to a stop or slowing to turn between on coming traffic... Fun times!

See post here if interested.

it happen to my wife once with my truck, it had about 2500km (1500 miles) at that moment... she explain she was slowing to a stop sign, truck shut off... thats normal, but it also shifted to park and ebrake on, and it didnt restart

when she told.me that i tought she had not close the door proprelly and the truck shifted to park with ebrake but she said that she also had the restart it...

it has not done t again for now

Mpgrimm2

Reaction score
90k miles on mine, no stalling issues (knock on wood)
This seems to mostly be an issue with the 2022's (vs 2019-21's like you're 2019 Limited). My 2019 eTorque was fine.

Edit: seeing people in the other thread with 19-21's posting today that are starting to have the issue.

Last edited:

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
all these posts should be combined

of just have a sticky for e-torque

Users who are viewing this thread