5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Etorque Issues

chuck.harper502

Reaction score
I have 2019 1500 5.7 Hemi eTorque. Couole of weeks ago i noticed i was losing voltage in the battery. No biggie figured the battery might be going bad. Took it to get checked, good battery, had it topped off popped it back in annnnnnnd still losing voltage. Checked a couple forums seen it might be that monstrosity of an alternator/generator. Lucikly my friends owns a salvage yard and a 2019 just so happened to be there. Did the part for part swap checked the battery again. Should be good to go right? WROOOOONG!!!! Does anybody else know what could be the issue...is there an in line fuse somewhere that could've blown. Please help!!!

DO in CO

Reaction score
I had the Battery Pack Control Module go bad in mine - it was displaying that the battery was at 11.2v and causing all sorts of weird crap to happen to the uconnect system.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The 12v battery could also be bad. There are a number of thread mentions on the forum about "bad" batteries testing "good". You might try swapping yours with a known good one, just to eliminate it, before you spend more money on the expensive parts.

Big Gunz

Reaction score
I had the exact same problem it turned out to be water leaking in from the well known rear window leak around the seal and the trim frame... it leaked down onto the 48 V battery and shorted out everything I have a case with FCA right now and ram cares to try to get my money back because they didn't want to cover me because I'm just outside my warranty and the 48 V battery isn't covered if it gets wet under the 8 year 80000 mile warranty. There's been a bulletin on the rear window leak for years now and they haven't made it a recall because they don't feel it's a safety issue maybe not in a ram without the 48 V battery pack in the back... Let me know if you find out that it has been a water problem On that suitcase battery behind your rear seat that affected your voltage drop... They did goodwill me the parts which is the battery and the rear window replacement but they charged me to install the window and install the battery and they sold me a 12 V battery that they said was the problem to start with which it was not… so I ended up paying for a new 12 V battery and a diagnostic fee which is a $140 in itself is in itself.. So all together I paid $1500...just totally unfair

Users who are viewing this thread