5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Etorque fyi

Zsowle50

Reaction score
I have a 21 5.7 392 gear Etorque failed. Has 7k on it. Dealer says unsafe to drive. been there a week so far.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Whats the FYI?
I have a 20 5.7 etorque 3.21 gear that has 24k miles on it, no hint of trouble

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm guessing the FYI might be that if etorque fails, the truck will be unsafe to drive.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/auto-start-stop-error.13093/post-482890

here's some of the eTorque related problems myself and others are having
Hmm...in that thread, you show that "repair attempt #1" involved replacement of the MGU...which didn't solve the problem. You're now on "repair attempt #4", so it seems the problem lies outside of the eTorque system. It's just manifesting itself in the stop/start error, which (apparently) has a number of potential causes.

Feels like you're in lemon law territory here!

rubrduk

Reaction score
Hmm...in that thread, you show that "repair attempt #1" involved replacement of the MGU...which didn't solve the problem. You're now on "repair attempt #4", so it seems the problem lies outside of the eTorque system. It's just manifesting itself in the stop/start error, which (apparently) has a number of potential causes.

Feels like you're in lemon law territory here!
I'm well into lemon law...they are working with me on Cash & Keep settlement or Buyback, I have the option currently I'm just waiting to see if they can even fix the truck (so far they have yet to identify the problem)

I'm trying to avoid a buyback at the moment because the market for trucks (and all cars) is horrible

Users who are viewing this thread