5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Etorque did not restart truck at a stop sign

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've never had an issue with the etorque system but yesterday at a stop sign the truck shut off as normal but when I went to hit the gas nothing. I had to put it in park and start it with the push button. It was about 5 degrees outside but cold hadn't effected it before and it's been fine since. I'm hoping it was a glitch. anyone else ever have this happen?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've never had an issue with the etorque system but yesterday at a stop sign the truck shut off as normal but when I went to hit the gas nothing. I had to put it in park and start it with the push button. It was about 5 degrees outside but cold hadn't effected it before and it's been fine since. I'm hoping it was a glitch. anyone else ever have this happen?
Never had an issue even in -5F.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
There has been several "customer improvement programs" (RAM provided recalls).

You should take it to the dealership and have them apply the latest HCP update.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
that's not something I remember reading about anyone having problems with. I never had that issue with the two etorque Hemi's we've owned. But then again I usually disabled stop/start on those trucks. Our current truck doesn't have etorque so of course it will never happen with this truck.

Speed 1B

Reaction score
Had the exact same thing happen to me this morning. Exactly. It was about 5 degrees here as well. Its never done it until today…but i only have had the truck for about a month.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just once...last year in the drive-thru lane at KFC. I believe it was a software/programming glitch. Has worked as normal for hundreds of auto-stops since then.

Users who are viewing this thread