5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eTorque behavior

Sonnie

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Curious if eTorque will cause the engine to start when releasing the brake pedal. My 2020 does a mild take off when depressing the brake pedal... a slight jump start, so to speak. I thought it wasn't supposed to start up until I press the gas pedal. Did they change it, or is there perhaps something not working properly with mine.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No it restarts the engine as you lift your foot off the brake. All stop/start systems I've ever driven work like this. They do that so the engine should be fully running by time you hit the gas. The eTorque system goes a step further and the electric motor can apply power to the wheels for about half a revolution even before the engine has fully restarted.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
No it restarts the engine as you lift your foot off the brake. All stop/start systems I've ever driven work like this. They do that so the engine should be fully running by time you hit the gas. The eTorque system goes a step further and the electric motor can apply power to the wheels for about half a revolution even before the engine has fully restarted.
Nailed it.

Users who are viewing this thread