5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ETA for Diesel on Dealer lots, any word yet?

mhoyt01

Reaction score
LOL. I LOVE it so far. I have only put on about 350 miles with one trip of 240miles. It rides very smooth and quiet. The gas mileage has been 27.4 and 26.5 the two times I checked it. That is with number one diesel for the winter which I understand to be less energy per gallon.
Nicely equipped truck. Thanks on the 3.21 confirmation, appreciate it.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
LOL. I LOVE it so far. I have only put on about 350 miles with one trip of 240miles. It rides very smooth and quiet. The gas mileage has been 27.4 and 26.5 the two times I checked it. That is with number one diesel for the winter which I understand to be less energy per gallon.

You have the truck I wanted (but wasn't out yet) when I bought mine. You need to put some miles on that rascal and then come back and post a report! :)

Also, don't trust the onboard computer. I track my mileage in Fuelly and my onboard computer varies between spot-on and as much as 2MPG optimistic. I don't think I have ever actually gotten better MPG than what the computer says. It's almost always 0.5 to 1 MPG worse than what the onboard computer says.

I really need to go do a test drive on an ED. [other voice in my head:] No, I don't. My truck is less than 6 months old. I need to keep it at least 2 years before I seriously consider trading it in....

Gary29

Reaction score
You have the truck I wanted (but wasn't out yet) when I bought mine. You need to put some miles on that rascal and then come back and post a report! :)

Also, don't trust the onboard computer. I track my mileage in Fuelly and my onboard computer varies between spot-on and as much as 2MPG optimistic. I don't think I have ever actually gotten better MPG than what the computer says. It's almost always 0.5 to 1 MPG worse than what the onboard computer says.

I really need to go do a test drive on an ED. [other voice in my head:] No, I don't. My truck is less than 6 months old. I need to keep it at least 2 years before I seriously consider trading it in....
I have not put any fuel into it yet since I still have over one-half tank left. I have not driven it too much since the roads are covered with salt/slop (ie I have to take care of my toy).

Users who are viewing this thread