5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EPBrake

frisby5

Reaction score
Anyone figure out how to disengage the EPB when it is engaged and wont retract.? I have yellow P brake light and i have power but i cant start the truck or disengage the EPB . Having towed to dealer but its going to have to be dragged onto tow truck.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Nope, you need power to disengage it. That's why I'll never use it. I had an issue where it wouldn't disengage even with power. There was a short in the wire because it came loose and hit the exhaust.

frisby5

Reaction score
Oh ok , well im screwed at the moment its in a tight spot in the garage maybe i will find some dollys to move around.

frisby5

Reaction score
Well after looking through hours of Utube videos and internet posts, i tried many things that other people did with other brands of cars and epb. Im not sure exactly what fixed it but i got it disengaged. I held the button down pressed firmly on the brake and cycled the start button on off within 5 seconda on the second try i heard the brake disengage. I also had left the truck sit for 12 hours when i went to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/