5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Entry/Exit air suspension automatic?

tomme12

Reaction score
Is there a way to set the Entry/Exit on Auto so when you hit Park, it drops it down. Its a great system, but having to manually drop the truck every time or remember to drop the truck before you are about to park is cumbersome. I get some scenarios that would not be advisable if you are offroad or somewhere you dont want to drop it in Park automatically, but seems like it should be a feature to toggle on/off like folding mirrors on lock or something.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nothing that I've seen. The Jeeps have it, odd that it isn't a feature in the Ram. That said, I've basically trained myself to hit the switch a couple of times as I'm pulling up to my garage.

Rich6896

Reaction score
I wonder If I'll use it, other than picking up my mother-in-law at the airport. Depending on how the visit goes, she might be getting out at the airport in off-road 2.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I wonder If I'll use it, other than picking up my mother-in-law at the airport. Depending on how the visit goes, she might be getting out at the airport in off-road 2.
I've found that entry/exit is not needed with the power steps for most people who've gotten in and out of my truck. The steps sit much lower than fixed steps. Even the wife doesn't complain about not dropping the truck anymore, like she did on the last truck, which didn't have power steps. Looks like you're getting a Limited so you'll have the power steps and air suspension. I doubt you'll be needing entry/exit much if you're anywhere near average height.

It's a different situation for @tomme12, unless he ordered his Rebel with power steps.

ChrisID

Reaction score
Nothing that I've seen. The Jeeps have it, odd that it isn't a feature in the Ram. That said, I've basically trained myself to hit the switch a couple of times as I'm pulling up to my garage.
My wife's Jeep does it auto, but it's really too slow to be of use getting out, but then it lowers for when you get back in. Agree w Mike too, that with power steps it's not needed, and I'm short. My non power step truck I put off-road steps on that don't stick out to far, and it's fine to without lowering it.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
It's great for washing the truck. Lower it to wash the body and raise it all the way up for the wheel wells and undercarriage.
I also do that when I want to clean the windshield. Makes it so I can reach all of it without needing to lean against the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread