5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Enjoying my 19 Limited so far!

ram2100

Reaction score
Have had the truck for only about two weeks, but have really enjoyed it. It drives and feels so much nicer than my '13 F150 I traded for it. It feels noticeably larger, partly because it is, but also because of the larger hood I believe. I enjoy the larger feeling but it's not quite as practical when it comes to close quarters driving conditions I would assume.

The trim of the higher model is very nice as well - even the lower trim models were still nice. Feels like I'm in a luxury car that could easily crush all other luxury cars. Highly recommend the light color seats with the black exterior, the contrast looks excellent and the seats won't burn you in the summer.

I do have one complaint about it - the gear shift dial bulges out way too far in the worst position. It's always right in my knee and I have to have the seat back farther than my comfort level to keep my right knee from jamming into that dial bulge. Anyone else notice this design flaw? I'll eventually get used to it, but I still can't understand how the could design the rest of the truck so well and somehow overlook that the right knee position was about two inches shorter than the left.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi,
Glad that you like your limited!. I bought one in April and my son bought his in June, so we understand what you’re saying about the interior luxury feel..

I don’t share a concern with the gearshift but I did hear that the Indigo Frost interior leather is susceptible to staining from bluejeans or denim. My son had to buy the black interior specifically because he and his wife wear jeans or denim styles frequently.

Otherwise, everything seems to be fine. We both have the 3.21 rear axles and regularly exceed the EPA mpg city and highway estimates by 1-2 mpg, pretty good for a heavy 4x4.

ram2100

Reaction score
Try scooting the seat back and adjusting the pedals to compensate
I have, but once I get it back to where my knee is comfortable, then it feels like I'm having to reach too far for the steering wheel. Maybe I have short arms. :) Will eventually get used to it, but I think that part of the design could have been designed better.

ram2100

Reaction score
I don’t share a concern with the gearshift but I did hear that the Indigo Frost interior leather is susceptible to staining from bluejeans or denim. My son had to buy the black interior specifically because he and his wife wear jeans or denim styles frequently.
I had not heard this before, thanks for letting me know. I'll get some stain block or something and spray on the seats to see if that helps. Was thinking the leather would help avoid stains... oh well.

Maybe it's more at risk with new jeans - I know new jeans will stain other clothes in the wash, so need to wash them a few times. Maybe this will now apply to this leather as well.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have, but once I get it back to where my knee is comfortable, then it feels like I'm having to reach too far for the steering wheel. Maybe I have short arms. :) Will eventually get used to it, but I think that part of the design could have been designed better.
The steering wheel is telescopic. Have you pulled it out all the way? I’m nowhere near the shift knob with my knees!

Ram92131

Reaction score

I just turned over 8000 miles on my Indigo Frost interior and have no such staining. I wear jeans most of the time when driving. Love the interior, very classy and a bit different. More comfortable than black in a very sunny climate like SoCal.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just turned over 8000 miles on my Indigo Frost interior and have no such staining. I wear jeans most of the time when driving. Love the interior, very classy and a bit different. More comfortable than black in a very sunny climate like SoCal.
Well thats great news. I was concerned about the staining possibility but perhaps your experience, plus regular cleaning, will help.

From an earlier thread:

Dennis Emond

Messages7Reaction score9Points3LocationConcord NH
Have the same color seats. Had truck since August. Just noticed last week on the two front seats on the edge where it is leather it is turning light blue. I think it’s from jeans. It comes off but not without lots of scrubbing.

Big D

ppowell1983

Reaction score
I love my Limited and I have put 5,300 miles and leaving for a 1200 mile drive this week. This truck is absolutely the most comfortable vehicle I’ve ever driven, I have 3.92 with limited slip and I’m getting 16-18mpg, about 2 MPG better than my 2018 Rebel with the same drivetrain.
6219913c6db0c764a4a758703188244d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LouCap

Reaction score
Have had the truck for only about two weeks, but have really enjoyed it. It drives and feels so much nicer than my '13 F150 I traded for it. It feels noticeably larger, partly because it is, but also because of the larger hood I believe. I enjoy the larger feeling but it's not quite as practical when it comes to close quarters driving conditions I would assume.

The trim of the higher model is very nice as well - even the lower trim models were still nice. Feels like I'm in a luxury car that could easily crush all other luxury cars. Highly recommend the light color seats with the black exterior, the contrast looks excellent and the seats won't burn you in the summer.

I do have one complaint about it - the gear shift dial bulges out way too far in the worst position. It's always right in my knee and I have to have the seat back farther than my comfort level to keep my right knee from jamming into that dial bulge. Anyone else notice this design flaw? I'll eventually get used to it, but I still can't understand how the could design the rest of the truck so well and somehow overlook that the right knee position was about two inches shorter than the left.

Interesting observation regarding the size and practicality in close quarters. I traded in a 2017 Nissan Titan XD for my Limited, and it feels like a Matchbox car by comparison. That being said though, compared to my 2011 Chevy Avalanche, it does feel a bit more cumbersome in parking lots, but I think that mostly has to do with the turning radius. It turns tighter than the Titan XD, but nowhere near as tight as the Avalanche. It's all about perspective, and over time, I'll bet you get used to it and love it.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score

How all are you? I am 6’ and have absolutely no issues with my knees hitting the dash/ shift knob. Not even close.

Checkairspeed

Reaction score

I agree. Finding a comfortable position in regards to how close my knee is to the shifter has proven somewhat elusive even with the pedals and steering wheel adjusted. Feels like I’m having to reach too far with my arms when the seat is at a position to keep my knee from being way too close to the dash/shifter. I know I will eventually find the spot or just get used to it. Definitely different than the ‘17 F-150 I traded in.

Users who are viewing this thread