5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engine Wire Harness Issue - 2020 Ram 1500 Bighorn V8 Hemi (non e-torque)

SKBRAM2020

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a 2020 Ram 1500 (Bighorn V8 Hemi). I noticed a connector on the engine wire harness shown in the photo is slightly damaged. I don't know the specific name of the connector but noticed it stems from the engine wire harness and looks to not be a easy fix. I assume since it is tied into the collective wire harness that I would have to replace the whole harness.

Can someone help me identify what this connector is called?
What is the collective wire harness called?
The truck is running fine and no service/error messages, do I need to replace?
Am I able to splice into the harness to replace the single connector or does the entire wire harness need to be replaced?
Potential cost?
Project difficulty?

Attachments

• Photo 3.jpg
    Photo 3.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Photo 2.jpg
    Photo 2.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Photo 1.jpg
    Photo 1.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 24

KMach

Reaction score
Looks like a mouse got into the fuel injector pigtail. Dodge does list a pigtail repair kit for these. I keep a pile of old harnesses from the years under my toolbox for just this case. I’d put a new terminal and wire on that one side if it were my truck. The rodents love the soy based wiring.

Overall difficulty? For me probably can repair this in about 15mins providing I can find the correct terminal under my toolbox.

A fair dealer is going to probably charge an hour labor plus the pigtail kit to repair. I’d want an hour of time to do it.

Vulpes

Reaction score
Agreed on the mouse, might want to check the engine bay for a mouse hidey-hole/nest. Another option is, you could try Permatex liquid electrical tape (or another brand), available at parts stores. Used it once to save a harness in a hard to reach spot.

SKBRAM2020

Reaction score
Thank you both for the information! I tried locating the Mopar repair kit but no luck so far. Can anyone assist with a web link to the repair kit? I did see Advanced Auto carries genetic pigtails that I can purchase.

Vulpes

Reaction score
I think this might be the correct fuel injector plug, try this:

Harness Family:Powertrain_(5.7L)
Cavities:2
Color:
Part Description:34062-0047
Connector No:D5215A_57L
Option:5.7L

Pin​
Circuit​
Wire Color​
Gauge/Size​
Function​
Option​
1K12BN/DB0.75INJECTOR CONTROL 2
2F343BN/YE1.0FUSED ASD RELAY OUTPUT
1717186724348.png

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would expose more of the wire in the harness
Then cut the wire and slide heat shrink on, strip both ends, solder them together, apply shrink and be done.

Users who are viewing this thread