5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engine Whine - 2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7 with etorque

Kevo

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a new 2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn with the 5.7 Hemi and etorque. I have about 5500 miles on it. I bought it at the end of June this year. I have noticed for the last 2000 or so miles that my engine has this whining/humming noise when accelerating and decelerating. It is very noticeable in the cab and outside the truck. I have no idea what it is and all service centers around me are about 2-3 weeks out. I was wondering if any of you had a similar issue?

Skg74

Reaction score
Sounds to me like your generator is going bad.

Skg74

Reaction score
Still should be under warranty if that’s what’s wrong.

Kevo

Reaction score
Still should be under warranty if that’s what’s wrong.
Yeah, it's just getting it in there and figuring out how long I'll be without it. Only vehicle I have.

Dr. Cheeseburger

Reaction score
Yea I would take it in ASAP. That definitely doesn't sound right. Fellow e-Torque owner here

hehovis

Reaction score
could be any of the other pulleys on the MGU belt drive. there's a tensioner and ilder pulley. its a bearing noise for sure. unfortunately things do break and these days the dealers are very slow. my ilder seems to be throwing a little grease from the seal on the bearing. mines probably going to be causing problems before to long

Skg74

Reaction score
Yeah, it's just getting it in there and figuring out how long I'll be without it. Only vehicle I have.
Yeah, that does stink. Good luck in getting it fixed.

206truck

Reaction score
Did you figure out what was wrong here? Same noise happening on my truck.

Users who are viewing this thread