5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engine Rev up and down

Checkas

Reaction score
I have issued that's very intermittent so it's going to be very hard to diagnose. Obviously the dealership could not find anything so I'm trying to research this on my own. A few times my vehicle has started and while it's just sitting in park or it could be in Reverse or drive the RPM we'll go up and down rapidly from 1000 RPM and just under that. It sounds like an old cam problem. That's the best way I can describe it whenever you would put a different type of Cam in an old truck you could get better performance or whatever and you had to always keep your foot on the gas or it would die. This one I can just be sitting there and it will do this and so we don't know what could cause that problem. It does it with and without the air conditioner running. Any idea where to start? I'm driving a 2021 Ram Big Horn.

Derek916

Reaction score
I don't own a ram 1500 anymore, but it sounds similar to an issue I had. I was coming out of my driveway and it was constantly revving up, but I was in drive at that point..

Users who are viewing this thread