5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engine oil

Daniel

Reaction score
Hey guys i have discovered that MOBIL 1 is not MS-6395 certified but MOBIL SUPER IS CERTIFIED by Chrysler MS-6395 ( VIEW THIS ON MOBIL.COM) but i still use Castrol edge Syntec witch is certified MS-6395

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys i have discovered that MOBIL 1 is not MS-6395 certified but MOBIL SUPER IS CERTIFIED by Chrysler MS-6395 ( VIEW THIS ON MOBIL.COM) but i still use Castrol edge Syntec witch is certified MS-6395
There are some long, old threads about this. I ran Mobil 1 EP in past vehicles, but I’m sticking with Pennzoil Ultra Platinum on the Ram. I don’t want any excuses in honoring my lifetime warranty.

U

User_3336

I ordered some Pennzoil Ultra Platinum from Walmart.com recently, but I noticed the oil was already two years old from the stamp on the bottom of the jug.
I'm taking it back.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You may want to consider Shell Rotella Gas Truck synthetic 5W-20, it meets those requirements, about $22 for 5 quart jug at Walmart, no irritating foil seal either!

It seems to be well reviewed as well.

Scram1500

Reaction score
Pennzoil or Shell hard to go wrong, specifically mentioned in the owners manual

Bassinb

Reaction score
You may want to consider Shell Rotella Gas Truck synthetic 5W-20, it meets those requirements, about $22 for 5 quart jug at Walmart, no irritating foil seal either!

It seems to be well reviewed as well.

Yes, good oil. It has also shown to have a relatively high Moly content which is desirable for use in the Hemi engines.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Good luck finding the Shell Rotella gas truck oil. It seems some places still have it, but locally for me, it's non-existent. And my local stores have told me it was discontinued

U

User_3336

Those Cheby's should like it with its Dexos2 certification.

Good luck finding the Shell Rotella gas truck oil. It seems some places still have it, but locally for me, it's non-existent. And my local stores have told me it was discontinued

SD Rebel

Reaction score

They told you it was discontinued? That doesn't make sense, it's one of their newest and most popular products, It was fully stocked at my local Walmart just yesterday.

Hmmm, I'll keep my ear out if I hear the same thing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread