5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

engine oil consumption

Luxy72462

Reaction score
I agree. I was a little shocked when FCA said to long block it. I worked for Lexus during the gel campaign back in 98-08 and I did hundreds of long blocks and rebuilt the heads. That was until 05 when they decided it cost so much and we started reringing motors. Again they didn’t give me the techs findings but if FCA said long block it then something must’ve been pretty messed up. This is my 6th new Ram hemi and the first to give me any motor issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ny2az

Reaction score
2020 5.7L e-torque... just changed my oil at 3663 miles and it's 1 quart low ... didnt check when new so l dont know if it was low or using oil ... l will see where it is when l do it again at 7,000 ...

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Good news for you. :D Not so much for the rest of us. :unsure: I wonder what they had to "revise" in the engine

I wouldn't worry about it, revisions and improvements probably to keep up with the rest of the industry. Probably due another power bump as well.

Users who are viewing this thread