5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engine light P0124

srameo

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 2500 Limited. The engine light came on and code is PCM (powertrain control module) and is P0124 thermostat rationality. I put a cold air intake on a few months back. I am not sure if this can be reason for this issue. Code will come back immediately after clear. Please help

RebelliousGt

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 2500 Limited. The engine light came on and code is PCM (powertrain control module) and is P0124 thermostat rationality. I put a cold air intake on a few months back. I am not sure if this can be reason for this issue. Code will come back immediately after clear. Please help
It says throttle sensor position switch for that code, disconnect your negative battery cable and wait twenty minutes. Reconnect and see what happens.

RebelliousGt

Reaction score
are you running any type of throttle control device, like a Pedal Commander etc.?
No, they can sometimes throw the truck into limp mode. I have the factory cai on the rebel GT. That code is a throttle sensor positioning code. Sometimes disconnecting the negative on the battery will reset it.

Users who are viewing this thread