5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engine Light? Code P1DF3

ryanblack9386

Reaction score
Just got hit with this unfortunate code today. Happened 7 days ago and put a new battery in. Ran fine for 4 days and hasn't started since. Currently waiting for a tow to the dealership...

Wwbar

Reaction score
Got hit yesterday, 2019 5.7 Laramie, 50k miles, stock. Drove 115 miles out of town. Parked to get gas. Went to start up and nothing. Got a jump that took considerably long. Immediately drove to AutoZone, 1 min drive away, who checked the battery. 91% charge, but battery came up bad per AZ charging tool. Died again on the subsequent restart. Bought and installed a new battery in the AZ parking lot. Had them check the CEL/power train light. Got this code and an ABS system error, no code. With the new battery, truck started right up. Drove another 115 miles before stopping. No issues. I'll report back any changes. Hopefully just a bad battery.

Driver0204

Reaction score
Got hit yesterday, 2019 5.7 Laramie, 50k miles, stock. Drove 115 miles out of town. Parked to get gas. Went to start up and nothing. Got a jump that took considerably long. Immediately drove to AutoZone, 1 min drive away, who checked the battery. 91% charge, but battery came up bad per AZ charging tool. Died again on the subsequent restart. Bought and installed a new battery in the AZ parking lot. Had them check the CEL/power train light. Got this code and an ABS system error, no code. With the new battery, truck started right up. Drove another 115 miles before stopping. No issues. I'll report back any changes. Hopefully just a bad battery.
Any updates?

resilientsoma

Reaction score
Hi all, same thing here. Reading the posts it seems only fix is to replace the battery and hope the code clears.
If the code does not clear after a battery change, what is the next step?
I just changed my battery, started right up no issues but still have the same CEL P1DF3.
I have an appointment with the dealership next week but my car is just outside the warranty by 3 weeks of course.

Side note I also have the CHMSL leak issue, found mold on the carpet. There was a letter sent by RAM so make sure everyone checks you don't have wet headliner/carpets.
My 3rd brake light bulbs went out and I think it was due to this leak also. Yikes!

Ccm12

Reaction score
Am wondering if folks encountered this problem immedialty after getting the accelerator recall done? I had my done a few days ago and now having same issue

Ccm12

Reaction score
I replaced battery yesterday and did a reset of the ECU with OBD JScan and haven’t had the code come back. Granted only been a day.

khalil

Reaction score
My 2019 Ram Laramie is having the same issues. Twice yesterday I had to jump start my truck. First time Truck drove normally, second time after jump, my transmission didn't shift properly. O reilly tested battery as "good" and scanned at got this P1DF# ECU not initialized. I intend to measure my battery this morning and call around tomorrow to get this looked at. I will update once my dealer looks at this. I am having similar symptoms that are on this thread. I have 83300 miles and no warranty.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My 2019 Ram Laramie is having the same issues. Twice yesterday I had to jump start my truck. First time Truck drove normally, second time after jump, my transmission didn't shift properly. O reilly tested battery as "good" and scanned at got this P1DF# ECU not initialized. I intend to measure my battery this morning and call around tomorrow to get this looked at. I will update once my dealer looks at this. I am having similar symptoms that are on this thread. I have 83300 miles and no warranty.
Did they test the battery in the truck and connected, or out of the truck on the cart?

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Did you follow jumping procedure properly? If you hooked up cables to battery, instead of the proper way, explained in the manual, you could have fried a module. They also have to test the battery properly. Many people said their battery tested good, to find out later it was bad.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Did you follow jumping procedure properly? If you hooked up cables to battery, instead of the proper way, explained in the manual, you could have fried a module. They also have to test the battery properly. Many people said their battery tested good, to find out later it was bad.
Hooking jumper cables up battery post to battery post isn't going to fry any modules.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
But it doesn't say it will fry modules.
No, it doesn't. But it doesn't say what it will do either. However, it does say don't do it. It MAY be that it fries modules. Computers are very sensitive to electric current.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No, it doesn't. But it doesn't say what it will do either. However, it does say don't do it. It MAY be that it fries modules. Computers are very sensitive to electric current.
Never ever disconnect your battery under any circumstance then.

Users who are viewing this thread