5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engine Knock

Hunt

Reaction score
I have a 2019 new Dodge Ram.
bought new August 28 th 2018, started getting engine knock and front end vibration at 1000 mile mark. I have take to nearest dealership 4 times, with FCA case numbers only to be told they could not duplicate and cases closed. They suggested I take to another dealership, which I did.
This new dealership verified engine knocking along with front end vibration and are now about to tear into the engine, stating they believe it is a bearing issue. How wonderful to purchase a NEW truck only to have it torn apart. It now has 10,000 mile.
I have asked for them to Warrant an entire engine replacement as I am sure it will never run correctly after repair, but I doubt this will happen after talking with FCA.
Piece of crap Truck, should be a lemon law candidate but nearly impossible to get this done in the state of Oklahoma.
anyone with this issue should notify FAC of this issue, and please spread the word once you drive it off the lot that vehicle id yours no matter the issue.

JDBob35a

Reaction score
I definitely know the frustration you have with it, no way would I trust an expensive new truck with a set of bearings thrown in the bottom end to fix a knock. What kind of damage has been done to the crankshaft? If they see damage will they own it and fix it??? Or just throw the bearings in and hope for the best??

Had a similar thing with a F-150 one time only it was the transmission. Ford insisted the trans be rebuilt, I protested, and protested and protested to no avail. Been a while ago now but truck only had a 6-7K miles on it at the time. Anyway long story short, the tech rebuild the transmission per fords instructions. Then he drove it home that night as a test. Next morning I get a call from the service manager, tells me the trans took a dump on the tech on the way to work. Tow truck was on the way to get the truck and someone was on their way to St. Louis to pick up a NEW transmission and it would be ready to pick up that afternoon. Still not so sure that tech didn't help me out a little ;).
Who knows how your motor deal could end up going. Might still end up with a new engine if they fire it up and it goes south right off the bat.

I would recommend you get in touch with one of the FCA customer care people that frequent this forum. Lydia from FCA helped me get a case opened to take care of some stuff.

Last edited:

Hunt

Reaction score
No work preformed at Dealer since 3/20/19 when I Dropped off and they diagnosed.
Now new service manager, they have no record of previous diagnosis and claim they had no idea the truck was even there or what is was in there for???
FAC involved still I guess. Trying to get in touch with the GM of the dealership,. I cannot believe the level of ignorance at this dealership.
had a three way recorded call last Friday with the Service manager at that time, FCA case manager and myself, stating the diognosed issue, and the route that was going to be taken.
Now they claim no one has even heard the knock and had no idea of truck being there.

Users who are viewing this thread