5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engine Dress up kit

madkins1121

Reaction score
I just purchased at 2019 RAM 1500 Bighorn Sport, and have started with the upgrades. I’m looking to do something with under the hood but can’t find anything. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How do you like the MOPAR RAM Airflow? Any additional intake noise? Seat of pants feel?

Jay Buchanan
21 RAM 1500 Limited
Harmon Kardon Stereo
JL Audio VX600/1i
JL Audio StealthBox
I like how it dresses up the engine compartment.

As far as noise is concerned, I did not notice any additional noise, but I also have an after market B2 Fabrications oval muffler and 5" Mopar Black tips, so the sound is muffled. I suspect that if I still had the factory exhaust on the truck I would have heard a little more deeper acceleration sound but not much.

As for the performance. I noticed that the hesitation on take off from a stand still was greatly improved due to the increased air flow to the intake throttle body.

When the truck gets up to speed, is when you notice the biggest difference due to the intake pressure being increased from the Ram Airflow design as you get more air through the front grill. (A poor man's turbo.)

I have seen claims of 30 HP gains, but I cannot verify those claims as I have not done a dyno on the truck but I will tell you I noticed a big smile on my face after installing... (y) 🔱

I also noticed that the truck got about 1-2 MPG better when I stayed out of it. :cool:

Last edited:

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like how it dresses up the engine compartment.

As far as noise is concerned, I did not notice any additional noise, but I also have an after market B2 Fabrications oval muffler and 5" Mopar Black tips, so the sound is muffled. I suspect that if I still had the factory exhaust on the truck I would have heard a little more deeper acceleration sound but not much.

As for the performance. I noticed that the hesitation on take off from a stand still was greatly improved due to the increased air flow to the intake throttle body.

When the truck gets up to speed, is when you notice the biggest difference due to the intake pressure being increased from the Ram Airflow design as you get more air through the front grill. (A poor man's turbo.)

I have seen claims of 30 HP gains, but I cannot verify those claims as I have not done a dyno on the truck but I will tell you I noticed a big smile on my face after installing... (y) 🔱

I also noticed that the truck got about 1-2 MPG better when I stayed out of it. :cool:
How do you like the oval muffler? Thats the "Moderate" sounding one right?

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How do you like the oval muffler? Thats the "Moderate" sounding one right?
I have been pleased with the oval muffler. It has a good rumble without being to loud..

No drone when driving on the highway and when you are WOT it sounds like a HEMI should. (y) :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread