5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engine Code P0DAF 2019 1500 5.7 Hemi (not Etorque)

ItsJustARam

Reaction score
I attempted to remotely start my vehicle this morning, however, it was unresponsive. Upon entering the vehicle to manually start it, I noticed an illuminated engine light. Consequently, I visited an Advanced Auto Parts location to obtain a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) reading, which revealed the code P0DAF.
I've had so many problems recently with this truck (50k miles) it's just disgusting and makes me never wanna buy another Ram again. Anyone have that code pop up and have any idea what it could be?

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
P0DAF is a battery pack control module not happy. Not sure why it would throw that without e-torq.
By any chance, do you have a water leak from the back window frame?
How old is your battery? it could be failing.

Attachments

• 1707175708953.png
    1707175708953.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

ItsJustARam

Reaction score
P0DAF is a battery pack control module not happy. Not sure why it would throw that without e-torq.
I did have the rear window and 3rd brake light replaced in December. As for the battery that was replaced back in like October aswell as the battery sensor.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I did have the rear window and 3rd brake light replaced in December. As for the battery that was replaced back in like October aswell as the battery sensor.
No remote start could be the RF hub mounted on the back wall, that DTC is a ?

Mack Wiggins

Reaction score
After the 4th time the engine lite came on. the engine lite has not appeared for about a month.
Sometimes I think this happens just to keep you worried! The truck has over 100,000 miles. The dealer wants $3,500 to replace the part.
This is not a e-torque engine.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
After the 4th time the engine lite came on. the engine lite has not appeared for about a month.
Sometimes I think this happens just to keep you worried! The truck has over 100,000 miles. The dealer wants $3,500 to replace the part.
This is not a e-torque engine.
What do they want 3500 for?

ItsJustARam

Reaction score
I have 0 etorque branding and it was never brought up to me when I bought truck I had no idea but, looking under the hood it looks like I have the little etorque box... I just looked my vin up and this comes up. How is it possible that no information I have or was given told me this was an etorque.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240206_144255_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240206_144255_Samsung Internet.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 8

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had this same code and it was the etorque battery for me too. Mine lasted about a week and a half then went away and hasn’t come back. If you are at 50k miles it’s still under warranty but the check engine light has to be active for the dealer to get the repair approved

ItsJustARam

Reaction score
I had this same code and it was the etorque battery for me too. Mine lasted about a week and a half then went away and hasn’t come back. If you are at 50k miles it’s still under warranty but the check engine light has to be active for the dealer to get the repair approved
Well I just went outside earlier and was tapping on the connector that is attached to the silver box ontop of motor (not thinking anything would happen) went in truck just to start it with hood open and engine light was gone.

I have the big Mopar cold air intake on my truck so it basically covers the top/front of engine as was never told anything about etorque so I didn't know until now that's what that silver box was for.

Attachments

• 20240206_150109.jpg
    20240206_150109.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 20240206_145352.jpg
    20240206_145352.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 20240206_182825.jpg
    20240206_182825.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 13

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have 0 etorque branding and it was never brought up to me when I bought truck I had no idea but, looking under the hood it looks like I have the little etorque box... I just looked my vin up and this comes up. How is it possible that no information I have or was given told me this was an etorque.
If you have the MGU under the hood then you have e torque.

ItsJustARam

Reaction score
If you have the MGU under the hood then you have e torque.
Yeah I just posted a Pic of It, I just assumed I didn't have it because it was never mentioned nor was it on any paperwork I saw. I've also seen the etorque badges that I don't have so that also made me think I didn't have it.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well I just went outside earlier and was tapping on the connector that is attached to the silver box ontop of motor (not thinking anything would happen) went in truck just to start it with hood open and engine light was gone.

I have the big Mopar cold air intake on my truck so it basically covers the top/front of engine as was never told anything about etorque so I didn't know until now that's what that silver box was for.
That is the MGU alright.
Now back to the DTC, there could be corrosion damage that was caused by the leak from the back window.
Might be a time to visit the dealer.

ItsJustARam

Reaction score
That is the MGU alright.
Now back to the DTC, there could be corrosion damage that was caused by the leak from the back window.
Might be a time to visit the dealer.
The engine light went away today after I got home from work, went to start my truck and it was gone. Light lasted like 2 days.
Is there anyway for me to look and see if something is going on or will I have to remove the back seats?

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The engine light went away today after I got home from work, went to start my truck and it was gone. Light lasted like 2 days.
Is there anyway for me to look and see if something is going on or will I have to remove the back seats?
You have to pull the seats to do a visual. Those bolts are on for real.

Users who are viewing this thread