5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engine Clacking Noise Sanity Check

MellsBells

Reaction score
Howdy,

I have a '23 1500 Big Horn with the 5.7 and I started noticing a clacking noise when I pull up the drive through. It's off rhythm to the normal engine noise so it's got me a bit concerned. The noise seems to change with rpm.

I linked a video I recorded of the noise, you can really hear it around the 5 second mark, it's slower frequency and you can't hear it from the top if you have the hood open.

Any advice would be welcome, hopefully it's normal.

Thank you,

Sam

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Howdy,

I have a '23 1500 Big Horn with the 5.7 and I started noticing a clacking noise when I pull up the drive through. It's off rhythm to the normal engine noise so it's got me a bit concerned. The noise seems to change with rpm.

I linked a video I recorded of the noise, you can really hear it around the 5 second mark, it's slower frequency and you can't hear it from the top if you have the hood open.

Any advice would be welcome, hopefully it's normal.

Thank you,

Sam
Could be a broken manifold bolt or a cracked exhaust manifold.

Users who are viewing this thread