5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engine Break In.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I could have sworn mine said:
"Drive gently out of the dealer lot. Once out of sight of your purchasing service department, beat it like you own it. Check for broken parts at 500 miles."

Bubba1120

Reaction score
What do you have on page 221?
I'm not sure if i'm making stuff up or blind.
I'm looing at my digital copy I saved back in 2022 not my paper one outside.
These 2 entries really should be on the same page imo.
If you can't tow for 500 miles, then break-in must be... 500 miles??
View attachment 182484
I agree, when I first read that, I thought seriously, it’s a truck. I’m camping in a few weeks, going 50 mph is going to be awesome with kids and a Labrador , good thing I’m going only 70 miles from home

dammitbobby

Reaction score
So I was wondering this myself, I ordered a 2025 Limited, not expecting it to come in until around August. With that being said at the end of August I’m taking a trip to the outer banks NC, it’s about a 600 mile drive from my house. The caveat is with my luck my truck will be ready the week I leave and I’ll most likely pick it up on the way. So like a complete maniac I looked up the the break in period for the 2023 grand wagnoneer with the high output hurricane engine. It says roughly the same thing. Variable speeds the first 300 miles or so. But I’m more worried about the consistent driving for either 3 or 4 hours to my destination rather than the speed itself.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
...I’m more worried about the consistent driving for either 3 or 4 hours to my destination rather than the speed itself.

Given that almost no vehicle owners ever give a moment's of thought to a break in period your best bet would be to visit a psychiatrist to see if they can erase any memory of this topic from your mind so you can just drive your truck normally without needless worry.

PetePA

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. I figure it will be acceptable to just use a combination of back roads and freeway. Might extend some driving a bit, but I'll just be enjoying the interior a bit more which sounds perfect to me.

Might have to take some road trips quickly to rack up miles before towing... but again the thought of that sounds pretty good :)

Users who are viewing this thread