5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engine Bay Fuse Box - Wire Tap with ACC

Reaction score
I got one of those hood lights, which by the way works with my hood deflector albeit it's harder to close the hood. We will see how long it last, it's the Silverholder one.

Anyhow right now I have it wired to fuse F35, which is the PCM / ECM / PPU MGU WAKE UP / EPS / ATMM / ESP. This works when the truck is set to RUN (engine off or running) but I was hoping to have this work when I lock/unlock truck. I can't seem to find a fuse that works either with ACC or when parking lights come on (flash when unlocking). I know there is a 20a fuse for the trailer parking lights F12 but it's one of those larger fuses and they don't work with fuse taps.

Any suggestions?

Headlights / Parking lamps are on the interior fuse box I believe 1000013837.jpg l

Attachments

• 1000013840.jpg
    1000013840.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240525_122448.jpg
    20240525_122448.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240525_122453.jpg
    20240525_122453.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 9

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I tapped into f12 and my hood lights don’t flash with lock/unlock. But they do come on when I remote start the truck and anytime I have the light dial turned to parking lights or headlights. Maybe try tapping into the interior fuse box?

Reaction score
I tapped into f12 and my hood lights don’t flash with lock/unlock. But they do come on when I remote start the truck and anytime I have the light dial turned to parking lights or headlights. Maybe try tapping into the interior fuse box?

How did you tap into F12? It's those square fuses so you can't use a fuse tap like you can with the smaller fuses.

Mine comes on with remote start but will not come on with my headlight switch.

I don't want to get into running inside not worth the hassle. I could tap into my parking light wires at the front but don't really want to hack into my wiring. I don't expect this thing to last long based on some reviews so don't want any permanent fixes.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
How did you tap into F12? It's those square fuses so you can't use a fuse tap like you can with the smaller fuses.

Mine comes on with remote start but will not come on with my headlight switch.

I don't want to get into running inside not worth the hassle. I could tap into my parking light wires at the front but don't really want to hack into my wiring. I don't expect this thing to last long based on some reviews so don't want any permanent fixes.

For the square fuses (mcase) you have to jam the wire down there. There is no fuse tap for it. Here’s a bit more information that I’ve gathered which may help

On with ignition

F01 - fuel pump

F38 - Drive Train Controller Module

F44 - trailer camera

F60 - ECU

On with headlights

F11 - ID/Clearance Lights - If Equipped

F12 - Trailer Tow Park Lamp (tap into wire)

Tap into front marker lights (LED)

On the 16-way connector that is plugged into the driver side headlight, it is the white wire with brown stripe in position 13. On the connector that is plugged into the passenger side headlight, it is the white wire with orange stripe in position 13.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I wish I remembered which wire f12 is. Sorry!

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
So I THINK it’s #3 on the 7 way connector. Can someone verify?

IMG_6059.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread