5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engine Bay Air Compressor Mount?

wacopolumbo

Reaction score
I recently replaced my factory air box with the MOPAR Ramair CAI. This left a large space on the passenger side in the engine bay. It was suggested that I could put an air compressor in there. I like that idea but can’t find any mounts on line for the set-up. Does anyone here know how to get a secure set-up for an air compressor where the intake box was and maybe a train horn?

This is the vacated space…
C1B5B0A9-2FB0-4373-9421-05E04881A7A9.jpeg

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
NH Overland makes an engine bay mount for compressors.
However it doesn't go in the space where the airbox was. Check it out though

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
NH Overland makes an engine bay mount for compressors.
However it doesn't go in the space where the airbox was. Check it out though
Actually, it does go in the space where the airbox was. At least the new version they have.

wacopolumbo

Reaction score
Actually, it does go in the space where the airbox was. At least the new version they have.

I got excited about this option until I read that it’s for the classic. I shot them a message to see if they have something for the non-classic. I really want to use that space where the intake box was.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I got excited about this option until I read that it’s for the classic. I shot them a message to see if they have something for the non-classic. I really want to use that space where the intake box was.
Oh, I missed that. Well, that sucks. I don't think it would be that hard to make something.

JDHarris

Reaction score
I removed the plastic air box mount bracket and took that to a local fab shop along with the ARB mounting template. They were able to make a bracket for the dual compressor that used the same mounting holes and bolts in the body of the truck as the stock air box bracket. I no longer have that factory plastic mount in my truck, the compressor mount is in that place now. It was relatively cheap.

The only kit I could find you can buy to mount a compressor in the engine bay is from a TRX. After talking with the owner and exchanging photos and measurements, it seems like it would fit for Rebel trucks, and likely all 5th gen trucks that are using RamAir style intakes. I have not tried it though. You can buy a full kit with brackets, compressor, air tank, etc, or you can buy individual pieces. They mount the compressor above the fuse panel on the drivers side attaching to a heavy duty battery box they make. The compressor air tank ends up where the stock air box was. It seems like a quality piece of kit.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I removed the plastic air box mount bracket and took that to a local fab shop along with the ARB mounting template. They were able to make a bracket for the dual compressor that used the same mounting holes and bolts in the body of the truck as the stock air box bracket. I no longer have that factory plastic mount in my truck, the compressor mount is in that place now. It was relatively cheap.

The only kit I could find you can buy to mount a compressor in the engine bay is from a TRX. After talking with the owner and exchanging photos and measurements, it seems like it would fit for Rebel trucks, and likely all 5th gen trucks that are using RamAir style intakes. I have not tried it though. You can buy a full kit with brackets, compressor, air tank, etc, or you can buy individual pieces. They mount the compressor above the fuse panel on the drivers side attaching to a heavy duty battery box they make. The compressor air tank ends up where the stock air box was. It seems like a quality piece of kit.

can you post a pic of your set up

ROB12013

Reaction score
I recently replaced my factory air box with the MOPAR Ramair CAI. This left a large space on the passenger side in the engine bay. It was suggested that I could put an air compressor in there. I like that idea but can’t find any mounts on line for the set-up. Does anyone here know how to get a secure set-up for an air compressor where the intake box was and maybe a train horn?

This is the vacated space…
View attachment 144981

Attachments

• 20230416_153425.jpg
    20230416_153425.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 164

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have part numbers for the mounts? Specifically the tank and tank mount? Thanks!

NH Overland has updated ones.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I designed my own to go on my '08 Big Horn 5.7 Hemi. It mounts a York 210 AC compressor to
the Engine. I had a ViAir 380c. It took 23 minutes to fill my 9 Gal tank to 200 PSI. The York
could do the same in 3 minutes at Idle.

I have a Sanden AC compressor to put on my '21 Ecodiesel and have to design the brackets and pulley
for it. Then move the Nathan Airchime K5LA train horns over to it.

Malodave

RAM-YorkMount1.jpg

RAM-YorkMount2.jpg

RAM-YorkMount3.jpg

RAM-YorkMount4.jpg

RAM-YorkMount5.jpg

NathanAirchimeK5LA.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread