5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Endless problems with the screen post update

reapur

Reaction score
Hello,
I read somewhere that a reset would help with these problems.

Could someone please walk me through the reset process.

After the last uconnect update, I've been having a lot of problems, for example:
- it randomly loads profile 2, a profile I never use.
- the headlights (limited) don't turn anymore, no matter what I set the soft switch to
- likewise the DRL won't turn on
- the HUD randomly adopts different layouts
- constant freezes, where the screen will start then lock up and I hear a loud brrrrrr from the speakers, I hold the volume down for like 10 secs to reboot.
- these are becoming like a daily issue, so annoying.
- The theme randomly changes.

I had zero issues before the 'update'
I do wish I would've gotten the smaller screen, the 8.4 on my old 2015 was flawless.

Thanks

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I believe the reset is holding the tune and power buttons at the same time for like 30 seconds. At least that is how it is on the UConnect 4.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello,
I read somewhere that a reset would help with these problems.

Could someone please walk me through the reset process.

After the last uconnect update, I've been having a lot of problems, for example:
- it randomly loads profile 2, a profile I never use.
- the headlights (limited) don't turn anymore, no matter what I set the soft switch to
- likewise the DRL won't turn on
- the HUD randomly adopts different layouts
- constant freezes, where the screen will start then lock up and I hear a loud brrrrrr from the speakers, I hold the volume down for like 10 secs to reboot.
- these are becoming like a daily issue, so annoying.
- The theme randomly changes.

I had zero issues before the 'update'
I do wish I would've gotten the smaller screen, the 8.4 on my old 2015 was flawless.

Thanks
Have you taken it to dealer? Maybe the update was corrupt or didn't install correctly on your truck. I'm assuming it was an OTA update, and not one you installed yourself

reapur

Reaction score
Have you taken it to dealer? Maybe the update was corrupt or didn't install correctly on your truck. I'm assuming it was an OTA update, and not one you installed yourself
Correct it was an OTA. I will take to the dealer just as soon as I get a chance. Dealing with my Dad's funeral and this keeps annoying me every time I start the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread