5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

End of an era

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I honestly saw GM and Ford going this direction WAY before Dodge especially since Ford already has an EV Mustang. I figured Dodge being the hardcore gearheads they are were gonna give the finger to the rest of the woke auto industry and continue to cram ridiculous internal combustion horsepower into any platform they possibly could. Deep down inside I feel they sold out and I’m so damn disappointed by that.

CLECSoft

Reaction score
I’m looking forward to seeing the first guy to yank out the electric motor and cram in a Hemi.😁
Better yet, offer as body-in-white and let me transplant my '06 Hemi charger engine/suspension into it. Looks like a modified charger anyway.

Dewey

Reaction score
Another woke company joining the crowd. I don’t see this ending well for them.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Another woke company joining the crowd.

I don't know if I can call them woke if everyone has to go EV regardless.

Though I admit I thought they would go dragging their feet until the end.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I thought so, too, considering that they are still using engines that have evolved little in the past century. I grudgingly owned a Sportster for a little while after the Japanese stopped building nimble, efficient, smooth twin and four cylinder standards in order to pursue the top-heavy, sluggish, bloated, vibrating cruiser market. :sick: The Sportster, at that time, was the lightest and closest to standard ergonomics I could find. It served me well enough, but just wasn't much fun to ride, and I'm kinda glad to be rid of it. 👋 Buh-bye.

The unbalanced V-Twin engine should have been killed and buried fifty years ago IMO. Maybe they see electrification as an opportunity to unburden themselves, and if so, I say go for it! (y) If they market something practical and fun, I might even climb back on. :cool:

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

GM is backpedalling on their EV plans by allocating $1 billion to their future v8 engines.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
GM is backpedalling on their EV plans by allocating $1 billion to their future v8 engines.

I think that's part of the plan, the full EV isn't until 2035 for most places. The V8 engines is for their full size and heavy duty line of vehicles, which is the last vehicles to probably go EV based on towing and range needs.

Considering how long we got until 2035, it makes sense they spend money continuing to develop the last generation of the gasoline engines that their big trucks will still need. All their EVs trucks currently are for light duty applications.

Even the all new C9 Corvette slated for 2028 is still expected to have a gasoline engine, while they continue to make full EVs plans by 2035.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think that's part of the plan, the full EV isn't until 2035 for most places. The V8 engines is for their full size and heavy duty line of vehicles, which is the last vehicles to probably go EV based on towing and range needs.

Considering how long we got until 2035, it makes sense they spend money continuing to developing the last of the gasoline engines they will probably make.
I’m a big fan of gmc styling, so I’m interested in seeing a new v8 option. I’m not holding my breath on that though.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
I’m a big fan of gmc styling, so I’m interested in seeing a new v8 option. I’m not holding my breath on that though.

I think GM will continue to offer V8s in the light-duty class for a while, their investment pretty much speaks to that. That new GMC with an new V8 is likely in your future.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I thought so, too, considering that they are still using engines that have evolved little in the past century. I grudgingly owned a Sportster for a little while after the Japanese stopped building nimble, efficient, smooth twin and four cylinder standards in order to pursue the top-heavy, sluggish, bloated, vibrating cruiser market. :sick: The Sportster, at that time, was the lightest and closest to standard ergonomics I could find. It served me well enough, but just wasn't much fun to ride, and I'm kinda glad to be rid of it. 👋 Buh-bye.

The unbalanced V-Twin engine should have been killed and buried fifty years ago IMO. Maybe they see electrification as an opportunity to unburden themselves, and if so, I say go for it! (y) If they market something practical and fun, I might even climb back on. :cool:
I thought the V-Rod was pretty cool. But other than that, I haven’t paid too much attention to H-D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/