5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Enable Auto High Beam if I have Level 1 Safety Group

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello,
I just picked up my truck and I spec'd the Level 1 Safety group which comes with :
  • Advanced Brake-Assist
  • 3.5-Inch TFT Color Display-Cluster
  • Full-Speed Forward-Collision Warning Plus
  • Lane Keep Assist
  • Pedestrian Emergency Braking
  • Automatic-Dimming Rear-View Mirror
I have read the adding ACC & lane sense thread along with posts by @Jimmy07 and think I know the answer to this, but figured I would ask just to make sure. As my first foray into AlfaODB I was going to try something easy and add auto high beam. With what the Level 1 Safety Group comes with, is the sensor for the high beams already there and I just need to turn it on via AlfaODB?

BTW, I am going to use this bypass cable. It should work fine, right?

Last edited:

OKRam1500

Reaction score
That bypass should work. You need to unplug the 2 cables from the drivers side footwell and plug them into you bypass cable. Plug your OBD tool into the port on the bypass and you should be good to start connecting with Alfa OBD. Just be sure to backup everything before you make changes so you can walk them back if anything goes wrong.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes, it should be there. It uses the camera in the windshield which also does LKAS & FCW. You can also add ACC with a few changes and add-ons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online