5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Employee pricing

Bas

Reaction score
I think these are the closest I have

Overland Park, KS
  • Terry Mykins @ Reed Jeep Chrysler Dodge Ram
  • 5% Under invoice with Tread Lightly
  • Requires financing through the dealer, but they should be competitive to what you can get on your own.
  • (913) 381-8100
Las Vegas, NV
  • Jim Marsh Chrysler Jeep Dodge
  • Contact Marianna [email protected] tell her you were referred by the forums and she’ll get you the best deal
  • slightly less than 5% under invoice. Add $500 if using your own financing.
  • Doc fee $399
  • Accepts Tread Lightly (affiliate reward number)
Thanks KJ

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Any good dealers in the Maryland Area you know about?

Spencer at Farrish of Fairfax
[email protected]
6% below invoice standard
6.5% below invoice with AR number plus 250 additional
(Can negotiable potentially 7% below invoice plus 500 for AR number)
Processing/dealer fee 699
Can bring own financing

Craig at Koons Jeep Dodge Ram
[email protected]
7% below invoice
250 additional off with affiliate reward number
Will not negotiate further
Can bring own financing

Bwarren2

Reaction score
[email protected]
Can bring own financing

Craig at Koons Jeep Dodge Ram
[email protected]
7% below invoice
250 additional off with affiliate reward number
Will not negotiate further
Can bring own financing

KJRAM, Do you know how much over invoice MSRP is? Is it 3% hold back or another formula?

Bas

Reaction score
KJRAM, Do you know how much over invoice MSRP is? Is it 3% hold back or another formula?
I usually go over to nadaguides and spec out what I want on that site; it shows both MSRP and Invoice plus available rebates and incentives in your region. Dealer holdback is 3% of MSRP so I calculate the true dealer cost to be invoice - rebates - holdback. I think a reasonable profit margin is 3% - 5% so that is the range I wil be shooting for when negotiating. (the latter I plan to do via email first).

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I usually go over to nadaguides and spec out what I want on that site; it shows both MSRP and Invoice plus available rebates and incentives in your region. Dealer holdback is 3% of MSRP so I calculate the true dealer cost to be invoice - rebates - holdback. I think a reasonable profit margin is 3% - 5% so that is the range I wil be shooting for when negotiating. (the latter I plan to do via email first).
If your including the rebates in your 3-5% discount below invoice, that is a generous discount but you are leaving a bunch of money on the table. Else your dealer is a low volume dealer. Rebates are best excluded from most negotiations because they are factory backed and paid out. But that’s a good start.

Smoot178

Reaction score
KJRam, any recommendations in Florida? All the dealerships in my area and Orlando seem to be high on prices. 1

Last edited:

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
KJRam, any recommendations in Florida? All the dealerships in my area and Orlando seem to be high on prices.

It depends on how far your willing to travel. It doesn’t mean there aren’t others that just haven’t been found but here are a couple that are willing to negotiate. Let one being in FL.

Eden, NC
  • TriCity Jeep Dodge Ram
  • 5% Below Invoice or 6% Below with affiliate code
  • Contact name: Travis Reynolds (sales manager)
  • Contact email: [email protected]
  • Contact phone number: 336.623.2186
  • Dealer Fees: Doc Fee $349.00
Washington, NC
  • 3% Below Invoice
  • $649 Processing
  • Kyle Gains - Sales Manager
  • 4001 US Hwy 264 West
  • 252-644-3339
  • [email protected]
  • Mention you saw the discount on the forums
Palatka, FL (Southwest of St. Augustine, South of Jacksonville)
  • Beck Jeep Ram
  • 4% under invoice,
  • $695 dealer fee,
  • Stephen Fulp: 386.328.8863

Ls15

Reaction score
KJRam, any recommendations in Florida? All the dealerships in my area and Orlando seem to be high on prices.
I'm on the same boat, how fun it is to live in central florida

Bas

Reaction score
If your including the rebates in your 3-5% discount below invoice, that is a generous discount but you are leaving a bunch of money on the table. Else your dealer is a low volume dealer. Rebates are best excluded from most negotiations because they are factory backed and paid out. But that’s a good start.
I subtract all rebates from invoice and subtract the dealer holdback, then I add 3 % or so for an in my eye reasonable profit. Example, base 4x4 Laramie has an factory invoice of $43678, MSRP of $47390 and 3K rebates according to nada guides. Holdback is 3% of MSRP, so $ 1420. So 43678-3000-1420 = 39258, which is the what the dealer cost is. Add 3% to that and you end up with a first offer of $ 40435. Some dealers charge documentation fees or other nonsense so I might subtract that as well then trying to deal with it later.

DSPS

Reaction score
MSRPS are diff because trucks don't have the same options, I am looking at trucks on lot's or in transit, not ordering one
The MSRP from the Ram build online always seem to be less than the dealer build tool ! sometimes 3K less than the dealer build! How is this possible when doing the exact same build as online. I generally do a build online, save it , then email to myself, then forward it dealers to get competitive pricing. This way we are comparing oranges to oranges. They use their build tool and the starting Msrp is 'surprising' higher... and this obviously exaggerate their discounts... Question, Is the destination fee priced into the MSRP on the online ram build tool and the dealer is double charging for this? If you get a quote and it shows MRSP and options cost ONLY, then its a high probability they are up charging the MRSP. The POC or configuration preview quote you get prior to ordering/purchasing should have these five price structure. 1. MSRP, 2. FWP ( Invoice), 3. HB - hold back, 4. FFP- family and friend pricing, and 5. EP- employee pricing included.

Last edited:

rdz418

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
The MSRP from the Ram build online always seem to be less than the dealer build tool ! sometimes 3K less than the dealer build! How is this possible when doing the exact same build as online. I generally do a build online, save it , then email to myself, then forward it dealers to get competitive pricing. This way we are comparing oranges to oranges. They use their build tool and the starting Msrp is 'surprising' higher... and this obviously exaggerate their discounts... Question, Is the destination fee priced into the MSRP on the online ram build tool and the dealer is double charging for this? If you get a quote and it shows MRSP and options cost ONLY, then its a high probability they are up charging the MRSP. The POC or configuration preview quote you get prior to ordering/purchasing should have these five price structure. 1. MSRP, 2. FWP ( Invoice), 3. HB - hold back, 4. FFP- family and friend pricing, and 5. EP- employee pricing included.

You have to watch when you build online. There are 2 different prices that show up at the top, depending on whether you select buy or lease. The "buy price" is usually higher and close to, if not the same as the price from the dealer.

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

The prices have been increasing on trim levels and specific options which is why it’s higher at the dealer. Destination is not figured into the online builder until the summary.

farf02

2019 Rebel
Reaction score
$8700 off on a Rebel is pretty good, at least here there is only a $1500 on Rebel. There was a conquest rebate if you owned a competitive make truck. I ended up almost $10,000 off buying from a dealer who happens to be one of my best friends, and we do a lot of business together. Every state “negotiates” differently. I know Illinois doesn’t include transportation in their prices.

They all pay the same for them, but there is volume incentives which have been tough to hit lately.

If you aren’t in a particular hurry, tell a few dealers if they are short on their Ram number and need a deal to hit it to call and make it worth it for you

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Or Spencer from Farrish who will beat Koons if you tell him what Koons is offering you.

[email protected]
Can bring own financing

Users who are viewing this thread